Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Direct X 9 or 10 for the game?

Default Recommended Direct X 9 or 10 for the game?

Hi all,

Last time I played AoC, I forget what version of Direct X I was using when I played. I've never run the game under my current OS, Windows 10, so was wondering what was the recommended version of the aforementioned Direct X.

Thanks!

Dx10 is buggy and doesn't even look better imho.
    Go for dx9
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Dx10 is buggy and doesn't even look better imho.
    Go for dx9
    Will do, thanks Slack. Game is still downloading, and I saw that DX9 was selected by default, so I'll leave it alone. I already have it (DX9) installed, because another game needed it, so I should be gtg.

I used dx9 for a while before switching to dX10. I think Dx10 looks better and I don't think have any problem on it, except a specific light/particle effect that is bugged.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, since you can change it in-game easily and see for yourself what you prefer
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

imo one important matter is that dx10 operate on shader model version 4.0 which brings alot nicer overall gfx quality, more detailed particles effects and such

besides it, nowadays dx9 i think got emulation if its not already hard coded in it everything else, like for example godrays which were dx10 exlusive for some time

anyway imo game will go overally faster and smoother with dx10 if you got nice gfx card since its more popular source on cards infrastructure (what those can operate with - the dx10) and raw power
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

I my experience (with recent nvidia GPUs) dx10 works and runs FAR better (while also looking better). Dx9 runs slower, looks worse & alt tabbing is super glitchy. Depending on your setup dx9 may of course work better, you should just try both and compare really.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I my experience (with recent nvidia GPUs) dx10 works and runs FAR better (while also looking better). Dx9 runs slower, looks worse & alt tabbing is super glitchy. Depending on your setup dx9 may of course work better, you should just try both and compare really.
    Same here. Textures and escpecially particles look far better with DX10 for me. Last time I struggled which one to use i saw a single spelleffect of a necro and switched back to dx10 instantly. Haven't switched back since then.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

After I upgraded to AMD 7970 graphics card the DX10 mode runs perfectly fine. Was really buggy and slower with older cards. If you have a card that is more than 4 years old, would recommend DX9. Newer than that and a decent CPU, go for DX10! Also, the colors and sharpness gets an extra kick if you try Reshade + SweetFX. Works fine with my AMD7970, Windows 10 x64 system.

http://reshade.me/sweetfx#download

Hm might be my graphic card then. I have a Amd 5700 HD its 5 ir 6 years old I think. CPU is decent
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

While DX10 should work, it often crashed for no reason for me. My comp is no slouch either. I'm happy with DX9.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast