Thread: Does premium include expansions

Default Does premium include expansions

Hi all,

I just re-subscribed to the game after a lengthy break. Do paid (premium) subs include all of the expansions/adventure packs?

Thanks in advance for any and all informative replies.

Appreciate it.

If you have purchased them prior, yes. Just subscribing doesn't entitle free expansions though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    If you have purchased them prior, yes. Just subscribing doesn't entitle free expansions though.
    Thanks, Halfdead.

I'll be starting a brand new character, and will look at the expansions to see if I need anything right away.

If anyone has any opinions on what I might want to get now, please reply. Thanks.

EDIT - also any recommendations on a starting class? I'm thinking melee so I can get back into AOC's unique combat style, and I'll be running solo... so perhaps one that can self heal a bit too. IIRC this game is slightly more challenging than some of the more popular MMO's, and you can actually die from solo mobs (lol). I was looking at Priest, perhaps a ToS or a Soldier, DT.
    Last edited by roblinb; 12th January 2016 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by roblinb View Post
    Thanks, Halfdead.

I'll be starting a brand new character, and will look at the expansions to see if I need anything right away.

If anyone has any opinions on what I might want to get now, please reply. Thanks.

EDIT - also any recommendations on a starting class? I'm thinking melee so I can get back into AOC's unique combat style, and I'll be running solo... so perhaps one that can self heal a bit too. IIRC this game is slightly more challenging than some of the more popular MMO's, and you can actually die from solo mobs (lol). I was looking at Priest, perhaps a ToS or a Soldier, DT.
    If you want a healer melee, go for a bear shaman. Its got great survivability, more asked for in raids and groups later than pure melee types, will survive better solo than a tos or pom. You get to use a 2H blunt melee style, have good survivability, find groups easier.

If you can remember to do manifestations and keep up heals its a great class.

But really...you don't need to do all the expansion things until level 80 plus. The mobs in Khitai past gateway to khitai are lvl 80 plus...sixmans in there are high levels too. After you hit eighty I'd go for the khitai pack. You can do Turan things at lvl 45 plus or so. Otherwise you would be missing out on some world boss drops

There are two things you may want.

Turan is a level 50-55 playfield which can be fun to do. Also unlocks some dungeons that can be done at level 50, and more at 80.

Khitai. With this expansion, you get access to Gateway to Khitai for early leveling, 20-35ish. In addition you become able to create a Khitain character. Also, if you become a premium member, you get 1 AA expertise point every time you level up. If you plan on sticking around after you hit level 80, this boost in AA points will really help move you along. The rest of the expansion is post level 80 content.
    Last edited by tapwater; 13th January 2016 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    There are two things you may want.

Turan is a level 50-55 playfield which can be fun to do. Also unlocks some dungeons that can be done at level 50, and more at 80.

Khitai. With this expansion, you get access to Gateway to Khitai for early leveling, 20-35ish. In addition you become able to create a Khitain character. Also, if you become a premium member, you get 1 AA expertise point every time you level up. If you plan on sticking around after you hit level 80, this boost in AA points will really help move you along. The rest of the expansion is post level 80 content.
    gateway to khitai is free, but both solo dungeons are only for premium players,
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    gateway to khitai is free, but both solo dungeons are only for premium players,
    Completely free, no expansion purchase required? Or just no Subscription required?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Completely free, no expansion purchase required? Or just no Subscription required?
    My understanding is that it's completely free and available to everyone, even free to play that haven't bought a single thing. Now I'm curious so I'll see about testing this with an account that doesn't have RotG.

A sub also gets you access to Dragonspine though that's all level 80 content.

Edit: Can 100% confirm a free to play account without RotG can access Gateway to Khitai. Created an account, played a character to 16, left Tortage via the smuggler and went straight to Gateway and did a couple quests. No RotG and haven't spent a dime on anything for that account.
    Last edited by Raeil; 14th January 2016 at 21:03.