... for Christmas.

After looking over the software available, I must ask - what good is it?

I mean, the selection of games seem to be all just variations on a theme - all of which seem to do nothing more than teach one controller skills.

And, as I think about it, it strikes me that combos in AoC are pretty much the same thing.

When I ref an RPG, I realize my players are not spacemen, wizards, samurai, knights, cultists or musketeers. However, the characters they play are. The characters have the knowledge necessary to wield a sword properly, to cast a spell, to pilot a starship, etc., not the players. The players just roll dice to account for random variables.

So, why can't combos be simple one-key affairs? Having specific key combinations is testing the skills of the PLAYER, not the CHARACTER; the character, after all, being the entity experiencing the environment, not the player.

I can see the combos in PvP. After all, PvP is a competition between players. However, it seems to me that, in PvE, combos are testing the skills of the wrong person; the player, rather than the character.

Anyway, what are some good titles for an Xbox 360 and what makes them good? What makes this jobber worth keeping? Any thoughts?