Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Raid gear, world bosses and Solo'ing and Small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    What about PvP Festival, where PvP players can obtain the Gullah Slayer title or some sweety pets of their dreams? [irony]
    Even obtaining these items takes forever, the best you can do is 3-4 victory tokens an hour if your lucky enough to have people to fight.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I cannot believe some people actually complain about PvP gear progression not being stiff enough.
    "Some" people is rather euphemistic for a group of two (Ernests and Alan).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I'm delighted that everyone except me is happy with the PvP progression
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

If you ask for progression based on gear in PvP, I don't see really any PvP spirit in you tbh ....
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

PVP is a completely other story than PVE, PVP gear tier 1 should indeed be given for free, it will be better for everyone. Every day you see someone in global whining cause non-geared players join pvp in blues. In pvp you're supposed to be able to just jump in and be competetive right away, coming in to pvp being a strawman for a couple of days/weeks is an unnecessary step frustrating for everyone.
    Last edited by magnum92; 7th January 2016 at 14:06.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Well just noticed your signature ....
    Enjoy a newb tos or bs and see the difference
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    PVP is a completely other story than PVE, PVP gear tier 1 should indeed be given for free, it will be better for everyone. Every day you see someone in global whining cause non-geared players join pvp in blues. In pvp you're supposed to be able to just jump in and be competetive right away, coming in to pvp being a strawman for a couple of days/weeks is an unnecessary step frustrating for everyone.
    All true, but I addd something: imo true PvP player aims to be better player than others. In order to demonstrate that he is better, he should not be helped by gear, AA or even worse by cheats.
    This is what PvP is about.
    Not only newbies, but also veterans don't want to be helped by gear too much, necause otherwise you can blame gear, AA etc for your success.
    There is already an huge skill gap between veterans and newbies in PvP, gear should not definitely enter the equation.

Some words in that guy posts (Ernests) are true, when he talks about lack of development.
    Yes this game completely lack development on PvP side. Next to zero new content in years, except the open world quests and festival which in long term imo is quite meh.
    But that guy is saying PvP development = gear progression.
    Hell no, that's totally wrong.
    There would be a lot of other stuff to develop for PvP (which we will never see in this game..), we don't need OP gear.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

PvP should have nothing to do with gear progression or AA and 100% with skill.
    A pvp only player starting at level 1 now will take forever to be competative in pvp because of blue gear (which can be solved quite fast) and no AAs (which takes years if you do only pvp).
    In the mean time that player is having a shite time getting stomped by players with far superior stats often just being a burden to his team.

A PvE players starting at level one now can be completely geared in epic khitai/T3.5/T4 in 2-4 months and have decent AAs with which he is ready to do T5/T6.
    Asuming all content is new to this player, he will have a great time while exploring all dungeons and raids. The fact that he is relatively weak in the beginning will only make it more fun for him because he will see more content because of it. (As opposed to Kelissia's ideas where he would skip most content and just farm high level raid tokens all the time)

This is why gear progression in PvE is good and motivating while in PvP it sucks and is just demotivating.

For example, other MMO games specially provoke conflicts and give players a reason to participate in PVP.
    The question is the players are sufficiently motivated to participate in PvP of AoC?
    Last edited by Ernests; 7th January 2016 at 17:08.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

For example, other MMO games specially provoke conflicts and give players a reason to participate in PVP.
    The question is the players are sufficiently motivated to participate in PvP of AoC?
    Can you give examples of games and what they're doing to tie pve and pvp together like you're saying?
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast