Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid gear, world bosses and Solo'ing and Small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    I want to get offline dragon tears and t4 Tokens .
    1 account wide dragon tear for 4 paid days and 1 t4 simple relic every day.
    I agree. Building forth on the idea of offline levels, it is time to expand the concept with T4/5 raid tokens.
    It's unfair that when I can't log in I can't get raidgear. Buying the game should be enough to grand progression.

Btw, you actually can obtain raid gear via solo playing. World Boss. He drops T1/2 gear, 1/2/3-ish weapons, 3/3,5-ish rings and necklaces, T3 token and rares.

It may be wrong in some cases, but afaik unchained gear is a lot better than RotGS. There is no dungeon you can not complete with unchained/RotGS gear only (which is obtainable via soloing), so why would you need T4 if you don't raid. I am not saying there isn't something like personal progression, I get that, but the point in every social and competetive environment is: Not everyone gets every single shiny shiny, but everyone can get DIFFERENT shiny shinies by doing DIFFERENT things. To illustrate this point replace "raid gear" with "pvp gear". I don't do pvp, but I want that gear. And I want to be able to obtain it via solo pve. Doesn't matter if I play the content the gear is meant for,I just want it because it is there. See?

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Btw, you actually can obtain raid gear via solo playing. World Boss. He drops T1/2 gear, 1/2/3-ish weapons, 3/3,5-ish rings and necklaces, T3 token and rares.

It may be wrong in some cases, but afaik unchained gear is a lot better than RotGS. There is no dungeon you can not complete with unchained/RotGS gear only (which is obtainable via soloing), so why would you need T4 if you don't raid. I am not saying there isn't something like personal progression, I get that, but the point in every social and competetive environment is: Not everyone gets every single shiny shiny, but everyone can get DIFFERENT shiny shinies by doing DIFFERENT things. To illustrate this point replace "raid gear" with "pvp gear". I don't do pvp, but I want that gear. And I want to be able to obtain it via solo pve. Doesn't matter if I play the content the gear is meant for,I just want it because it is there. See?
    You can already obtain PvP gear by not participating in a single mini or even killing a single person. Bad example...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You can already obtain PvP gear by not participating in a single mini or even killing a single person. Bad example...
    Hitting rocks is not solo pve either. It is farming ressources.

Hitting rocks is not solo pve either. It is farming ressources.
    It's still awarding items for skipping content, which is your point.
    Doomsayer 2008

My point is different from the OP's. The OP wants all gear to be made available to solo players. I don't think that's wise. I only think that gear progression in 6-man dungeons should be somewhat in line with gear progression in raids. And from what I understand, UC items don't have a much higher item budget than Khitai; what they generally (but not always) do have is a better allocation of the item budget to stats which are actually meaningful.

You ask why a player who doesn't raid would need T4. Because you ask the wrong question, you get a wrong result. Let me illustrate: you could ask why a player who does T4 but doesn't do T5 or T6 would need T4 gear. The answer to that question is that he doesn't. But it leaves out the crucial points that (i) gear is a carrot which makes people play content, and (ii) making gear available to a broader player base lowers entry barriers to higher tier PvE.

I think that a game with a rather small player base and a rather large required raid size would do well to encourage people to play content requiring fewer people (aka dungeons). I also think that a game with a rather small player base and a rather large required raid size should aim at not having too significant entry barriers to high tier raiding (meaning that when in doubt about the effort required in obtaining the gear required, the game should rather err on the side of too little effort than of too high effort).

Of course, this has to be carefully calibrated in order not to destroy incentives for high tier raiding - which is why I agree that the OP's view that everything should be available via solo play is nonsense.

I also agree that in the ideal world, there should be different shiny shinies for different content. This could be achieved by e.g. adjusting the stat budget on UC gear to T4 level. But unfortunately, rebalancing gear seems to be quite a task for Funcom, based on previous experience. Which is why adding T4 tokens to DS/UC might be a decent compromise (rather than an ideal solution).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    My point is different from the OP's. The OP wants all gear to be made available to solo players. I don't think that's wise. I only think that gear progression in 6-man dungeons should be somewhat in line with gear progression in raids. And from what I understand, UC items don't have a much higher item budget than Khitai; what they generally (but not always) do have is a better allocation of the item budget to stats which are actually meaningful.

You ask why a player who doesn't raid would need T4. Because you ask the wrong question, you get a wrong result. Let me illustrate: you could ask why a player who does T4 but doesn't do T5 or T6 would need T4 gear. The answer to that question is that he doesn't. But it leaves out the crucial points that (i) gear is a carrot which makes people play content, and (ii) making gear available to a broader player base lowers entry barriers to higher tier PvE.

I think that a game with a rather small player base and a rather large required raid size would do well to encourage people to play content requiring fewer people (aka dungeons). I also think that a game with a rather small player base and a rather large required raid size should aim at not having too significant entry barriers to high tier raiding (meaning that when in doubt about the effort required in obtaining the gear required, the game should rather err on the side of too little effort than of too high effort).

Of course, this has to be carefully calibrated in order not to destroy incentives for high tier raiding - which is why I agree that the OP's view that everything should be available via solo play is nonsense.

I also agree that in the ideal world, there should be different shiny shinies for different content. This could be achieved by e.g. adjusting the stat budget on UC gear to T4 level. But unfortunately, rebalancing gear seems to be quite a task for Funcom, based on previous experience. Which is why adding T4 tokens to DS/UC might be a decent compromise (rather than an ideal solution).

Very well post Rathothis, your previous one was too.

If we keep leaving people behind, they will keep getting behind even more. We can not keep relying on those to carry us. Yes new players will come and learn to raid. But there still needs to be grounds, that if someone who doesn't get in a raid can still have a way to enjoy the game.

When you're managing a large number of people, you learn that incentives matter tremendously. You really want people to be rewarded for doing the right thing for the customers and the organization "Ramez Naam"

I can take the comments of I'm being a troll. Doesn't make a difference to me.. Just shows me who more worried about what. What do I have to lost in a game. Absolutely nothing.. By giving my Competition a little Incentive and they did the work alone for it. They did the work. Good for them. My Incentive, they will be there the next I log in. AN not only if that's what is need to bring bread to the plate.. I'm willing to step down in the game to be equal in the end. Community Competition has doesn't have to quit, but it needs to subside. Those who hate this thread, only look to themselves in the game. Never thinking what could be done to make it grow. If this is one of those things. How will we know unless we back down.. An that's coming from someone who has the ability to raid. My post is me backing down to bring possible ups to the game. An it could mean not much out of budget for Funcom. Argue with me all you want. But Incentives.. Well it goes more to you hard core raids than it does that solo guy. " carefully calibrated " An that is what it needs Rathothis balance, equality and calibration.

Team work- Hey if you sit out for a fellow guild mate to raid at least you can get something for your good deed.

I also have to question? When AA came out they were a incentive. Those vets who seen the birth of AA, I'm very sure cheered when they filled all of them. Now we have rings and runes that up our gain on those. We don't argue that. Few do.
    But my question is. If you raid all the time, you gain from this also. Anything else in the game that gives you up, you use don't you? You buy, you take if it there. Still baffles me why we do this with no complaint, yet there is a problem opening "Gear" as a equal to all forms of players and I Kellisia am just a troll..
    Last edited by Kellisia; 31st December 2015 at 07:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    Very well post Rathothis, your previous one was too.

If we keep leaving people behind, they will keep getting behind even more. We can not keep relying on those to carry us. Yes new players will come and learn to raid. But there still needs to be grounds, that if someone who doesn't get in a raid can still have a way to enjoy the game.

When you're managing a large number of people, you learn that incentives matter tremendously. You really want people to be rewarded for doing the right thing for the customers and the organization "Ramez Naam"

I can take the comments of I'm being a troll. Doesn't make a difference to me.. Just shows me who more worried about what. What do I have to lost in a game. Absolutely nothing.. By giving my Competition a little Incentive and they did the work alone for it. They did the work. Good for them. My Incentive, they will be there the next I log in. AN not only if that's what is need to bring bread to the plate.. I'm willing to step down in the game to be equal in the end. Community Competition has doesn't have to quit, but it needs to subside. Those who hate this thread, only look to themselves in the game. Never thinking what could be done to make it grow. If this is one of those things. How will we know unless we back down.. An that's coming from someone who has the ability to raid. My post is me backing down to bring possible ups to the game. An it could mean not much out of budget for Funcom. Argue with me all you want. But Incentives.. Well it goes more to you hard core raids than it does that solo guy. " carefully calibrated " An that is what it needs Rathothis balance, equality and calibration.

Team work- Hey if you sit out for a fellow guild mate to raid at least you can get something for your good deed.

I also have to question? When AA came out they were a incentive. Those vets who seen the birth of AA, I'm very sure cheered when they filled all of them. Now we have rings and runes that up our gain on those. We don't argue that. Few do.
    But my question is. If you raid all the time, you gain from this also. Anything else in the game that gives you up, you use don't you? You buy, you take if it there. Still baffles me why we do this with no complaint, yet there is a problem opening "Gear" as a equal to all forms of players and I Kellisia am just a troll..
    Im okay with soloplayers getting up to T3 gear trough solocontent to get up and going, but T4 is way too high, cause its better gear than all 6man content rewards, which basically makes the majority of the game useless. All because you want do drive a ferrari in your back yard.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Like it has been discussed in the previous 15 threads on the same subject by the same person that actually is in an end game raiding guild but isn't taken into raids ,please add all raid gear in claims! Thanks in advance Funcom!And thanks Sunstarr for my t6 gear <3

most of playerbase is purely raidloggers... all gear on /claim and there's no reason for us to log even for raids, last nail for coffin

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast