Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning Vet just checking out to see what's changed

Default Returning Vet just checking out to see what's changed

Hi Hoxers,

Returning Vet here (Legends of Valhalla/Furious - SET), just re-installing to see what's changed in the 3 years since I last played. Sadly AoC ruined nearly every other game I've played since with it's awesomeness, and I thought I'd give it another whirl over the Chrimbo hols.

I'd appreciate a few bullet points as to what's fun content for Hox these days, best pve server, active raiding guilds etc.

Any tips appreciated cheers,

PS did Hox finally get some Dev love??

Seti.

Hi Guys,

Returning Vet haven't played for nearly 3 years now and would appreciate a brief summary of what's changed in that time.

I typically run with one of my 3 Hoxes - I kinda got hooked on that class to the exclusion of all others lol, and really enjoyed raiding. Had barely touched T4 when I left - I hear there are 6? tiers now and the raids easier?

Cheers all,

Seti (Legends of Valhalla, Furious - SET)
    Last edited by Anzu; 19th December 2015 at 12:50.

**edited
    So that this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

HoX did get quite some love from devs. Here is the list of major changes:

Update 4.4
    • Improved Word of Command - Reduced cast time instead of mana cost decrease per feat point.
    • Fire Lance - Damage increased by roughly 20%.
    • Mindless Brute - Renamed to "Demonic Strength". Now adds 7.5% melee weapon damage modifier per rank while in any demon form.
    • Roots of Hell - Knockback immunity is now 25/50/75 per feat point spent, and this functionality has been added to the Red Shadows of Xotli demonic form (which was previously missing it).
    • Phoenix Cloak - Changed to a buff that gives 5% movement multiplier and 30/40/50% damage deflection per rank of the spell, with a 6 second duration and 2 minute cooldown. The casting time has been reduced by 50%. The previous functionality has been removed.
    • Phoenix Wings - Adds 5% movement multiplier per feat rank to Phoenix Cloak.
    • Improved Phoenix Cloak - Increases the duration of the Phoenix Cloak buff by 20% per feat point invested.
    • Burn to Death - The damage over time component of all ranks of Burn to Death now correctly scale with Intellect.
    • Desecrating Essence - Now innately stuns up to 6 enemies within 4 meters when switching into this demon form.
    • Avatar of Xotli - Now innately stuns up to 6 enemies within 4 meters when switching into this demon form.
    • Horrible Visage of Xotli - Increases the duration of the innate stun from demon forms by 1 second per feat point spent (up to 3 extra seconds).
    • Improved Desecrating Essence - Renamed to Improved Demon Forms. Keeps previous functionality of reducing the cooldown on Desecrating Essence by 4/8/12/16/20 seconds. Added Avatar of Xotli to this, reducing the cooldown on that spell by 18/36/54/72/90 seconds.
    • Searing Hatred - Multiple instances of this debuff can now be applied from different casters.
    and

Update 4.3
    • Undying Glory of Xotli now takes 0.5 seconds to cast (down from 3s) and lasts for 4 hours (up from 30 minutes). The 30 minute cooldown when using its self-resurrection property remains unchanged.
    • Hell on Earth now ticks a stacking Elemental Torment as well as Physical Torment every 3 seconds to any enemy within 4m of it for its duration.
    ::: HoX :::

Quote Originally Posted by Setihox View Post
    Hi Guys,

Returning Vet haven't played for nearly 3 years now and would appreciate a brief summary of what's changed in that time.

I typically run with one of my 3 Hoxes - I kinda got hooked on that class to the exclusion of all others lol, and really enjoyed raiding. Had barely touched T4 when I left - I hear there are 6? tiers now and the raids easier?

Cheers all,

yes, also, now all servers, both US and EU, are merged into 1 acording to their specific ruleset, now there is onle crom(pve) fury(pvp) and rage (bg pvp)
    ever first wednsday of the month there is a world boss for all week, droping t1, t2 gear and some t3 relics, also some nice weapons and accesories
    there is also a pvp event each month...
    there were some class revamps, "rebalance", dragonspine, archivements....ands that's pretty much what i remember.
    welcome back!
    meh...

noice, I'll have to check out whether that means woc is instant or near instant now

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    yes, also, now all servers, both US and EU, are merged into 1 acording to their specific ruleset, now there is onle crom(pve) fury(pvp) and rage (bg pvp)
    ever first wednsday of the month there is a world boss for all week, droping t1, t2 gear and some t3 relics, also some nice weapons and accesories
    there is also a pvp event each month...
    there were some class revamps, "rebalance", dragonspine, archivements....ands that's pretty much what i remember.
    welcome back!
    thx for the info pally

There's no need to start two threads in two separate forums if they're about the same thing.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Setihox View Post
    Hi Hoxers,

PS did Hox finally get some Dev love??

Welcome back Seti. Do you remember Xedd? Great guy and was the leader of Furious when I last was in the guild. I joined Furious within a week after they formed, when a handful of officers (8 if I remember correctly) broke off of S.P.Q.R.
    Lain was the founding guild leader. Furious spoiled me lol...

Anywho I am guessing you didn't play a HoX at launch, when people were getting 25-chain-kills lol... HoXes weren't a silent nerf, they just were never that popular, so the HoX nerfs soon after launch were not as visible.

HoXes are still beast lol!
    Last edited by Zoldan-Caine; 20th December 2015 at 04:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldan-Caine View Post
    Welcome back Seti. Do you remember Xedd? Great guy and was the leader of Furious when I last was in the guild. I joined Furious within a week after they formed, when a handful of officers (8 if I remember correctly) broke off of S.P.Q.R.
    Lain was the founding guild leader. Furious spoiled me lol...

Anywho I am guessing you didn't play a HoX at launch, when people were getting 25-chain-kills lol... HoXes weren't a silent nerf, they just were never that popular, so the HoX nerfs soon after launch were not as visible.

HoXes are still beast lol!
    1-shotting a whole group of 6 in a minigame with one Pillars is NOT OP. Everyone knows that.

back in the day, 4-5 years ago or so, when a hox started pillars, everyone on earth knew what he was about to do just by the animation's start, so if those 6 were still in range when the pillar finished, they deserve to die... they are roadkill...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast