Thread: First Time Caster -- Pvp

Default First Time Caster -- Pvp

Any tips for learning how to kite and get spells off vs. melee classes? I've only played melee classes so far and am getting killed in WS trying to keep at distance before eating sand. My melee skill set seems to translate poorly to caster. Help please!
    "Does it always smell like this?"

I assume you are a demo and around lvl19.
    Because if you were a nec the pets would do all the job.

It's different at lvl80 .
    If a melee is on you , you just keep running around , hitting insta casts , CCs and Wave of flames of they are CCd.

At low lvl, also try to CC ( no idea what is available at that lvl) , get some distance and pew pew.
    But without any insta cast you almost can't avoid standing there and tank hits
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnin View Post
    Any tips for learning how to kite and get spells off vs. melee classes? I've only played melee classes so far and am getting killed in WS trying to keep at distance before eating sand. My melee skill set seems to translate poorly to caster. Help please!
    Casters at low levels other than necro and tos towards middle 50s are pretty weak. At 80 it's a completely different story as it's very easy to kite and dps at the same time with just average movent.

If your any good on your melee classes you should be better on a caster as you already know hit box range and should have decent movement.
    Doomsayer 2008

Thanks, dudes, good advice! Yes, demo with middle tree feated b/c more fire spells at 19. I'll try to learn on the way to 80, so I can get some insta-casts.
    "Does it always smell like this?"