Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

How many signatures does it take? It's a ****ing obvious change that every other MMO has already. It allows you to, idk, play with friends in an online game GASP!
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    How many signatures does it take? It's a ****ing obvious change that every other MMO has already. It allows you to, idk, play with friends in an online game GASP!
    for years I do not know what is the point even being in guild in aoc, reason I been jumping from guild to guild lol, does not matter or affect on anything, people are in guild just for pots or bk buffs, friend list in aoc means that you put your enemies there so u know when they are online and you can go gank them when they try to do pve lol (or sign same mini as they do, and hope u go different team ^^ )
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    for years I do not know what is the point even being in guild in aoc, reason I been jumping from guild to guild lol, does not matter or affect on anything, people are in guild just for pots or bk buffs, friend list in aoc means that you put your enemies there so u know when they are online and you can go gank them when they try to do pve lol (or sign same mini as they do, and hope u go different team ^^ )
    Or when you know that they love to do bori
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Post Official Buddy Sign-up Petition

Hello all,

I have made this thread as an organized forum to voice our opinions about signing up for a minigame with 1-2 group members. This change would allow people to play PVP with their Friends and Guildmates. To sign the petition either comment with +1 or /Signed or PM me. I will update the list as needed.

1. Usedtissue
    2. Nightshadow
    3. Cropt
    4. Suctum Page 1, Post #2
    5. Icannon Page 1 Post #1
    6. Unutterable Page 1 Post #4
    7. Patoson Page 1 Post #5
    8. Nattok Page 2 Post #12
    9. Derled Page 6 Post #54
    10. –Blash- Page 6 Post #58
    11. EmSi86 Page 7 Post #61
    12. Zeuss Page 9 Post #82
    13. Rathothis Page 9 #83
    14. –Tomhet- Page 10 #93
    15. Jerrohn (Personal PM received 12/15/15)
    16. Sarcopthes Page 10 #96
    17. Pimmz Page 10 #97
    18. Finnius1 Page 11 #106
    19. Khramps Page 11 #109
    20. Geldour (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ends-again-yet) Post #1
    21. Spreadicus (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...tion-Minigames) Post #1
    22. Sloejinn Post #119
    23. Kelnin (Personal PM recieved 12/18/15)
    24. Willd Page 13 Post #127
    25. Korando-AoC Page 14Post #131
    26. Maark Page 14 Post #136
    27. Kalston Page 15 Post #148
    28. Slackjoint Page 16 Post #162
    29. Kalgon Page 16 Post #164
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 21st December 2015 at 22:58.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I support this decision.

1. Sometimes when people see their friend/s on the opposing team they won't attack them. This makes it 7 vs 5 because that guy is helping his friend win.

There's no need for two threads on the same subject at the same time.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    There's no need for two threads on the same subject at the same time.
    There is because the petition won't get any exposure at the 12th page of a continuous thread. Good to see you're still around!

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    There is because the petition won't get any exposure at the 12th page of a continuous thread. Good to see you're still around!
    There is no need for exposure.
    What happens when buddies sign up together for pvp?
    I tell you what happens every pvp-festival week:
    A group of 6 ppl gank every player that enters the pvp area without giving any chance to get prepared for pvp, without any chance to get quests from npc. So players leave the battlefield and still there is only a 6 men group ganking all entering players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    There is no need for exposure.
    What happens when buddies sign up together for pvp?
    I tell you what happens every pvp-festival week:
    A group of 6 ppl gank every player that enters the pvp area without giving any chance to get prepared for pvp, without any chance to get quests from npc. So players leave the battlefield and still there is only a 6 men group ganking all entering players.
    That is why there should be some changes to the design. I did not complain without a reason, that the design favours only a certain amount of players with harsh limits towards a minimum and even harsher towards a maximum number of players that can have fun participating and benefitting from the event week in the long run. The current design does not favour challenge and fighting and maxxes rewards around a certain number that benefits farming and handholding. In Bori you at least had to invest time to dig pvewise and watch for lone gankers to get rewards (even a lone ranger could pose a threat to the reward), now the main content in the events is zerging anyone without real risk to the objective/reward, farming same people (friends, alts or cannonfodder enemies) as quick as possible or waiting.
    Changes could range from something simple, like fixing getting xp and quest updates from yourself killed when in a group, more active participation xp, quick changes in quests towards more complex changes like situational rewards that check for risk and challenge involved. In your example this would mean some incentive for the non-6ppl to benefit from a coordinated assault and active fighting (unlike now, when there are several points of no return, when all fighting will be for nil and only benefit the ppl already in charge). All the suggestions shortened here have been laid out in detail already, btw...months ago.

But in the case of this thread, you can allow buddy signing without any real loss: just make tournament queue into the old queue system or a new version with 2-3 buddies. Pugs can still do pugs and it will be possible to organize something consensual with a pvp ruleset unlike now...(ideally something with 2 core teams fighting each other, a prebalanced raid or in worst case a quick old pug vs premade, where the premade will suffer as well (no minis) when they overdo it (as in the past, when people stopped signing minis when certain premades were trying to farm)).

@usedtissue:
    Looking at the list, you seemed to have missed or misread my posts.
    You can add my +1 for the tournament queue replacement, since it is not working properly anyway or towards the option in addition. No need to touch the pug signups though, imo.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th December 2015 at 09:06.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast