Thread: What ails you?

Thumbs up What ails you?

So after Rage basically went belly up, there was a blip of activity with new foreign players and guilds (you could tell from the keyboard turning that they were new). Anyway, it's back to the pre-blip state, which leads me to believe the problem is Rage. You could get 200k people to join the server and in 6 months tops, they'd be gone. Why?

My answer is the self-defeating masters of nothing. Who cares that you're so pro, if there's no one to fight? (Not a rhetorical question, btw.)

You can't transfer off the damn thing, so you might as well do some soul-searching and come up with a solution.

My two cents: teach those noobs to play. They call you a cheat; show them how to double tap, how to circle strafe, how to combo jump. Then they get better and more interested and you have worthier adversaries. Some of the vet guilds like kobk could send some captains to join the new guilds and help them out. Teach them classes, group tactics, etc. Bam! you just got minis back. Your buddies might come back from Crom and Fury if there were minis popping.

Don't like my answer? Come up with your own. But unless you figure out how to share your pro skills and stop farming noobs and talking incessant #@$% in /NPH your server will stay dead. Make a community, ffs.
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Cool

I haven't played in a while (currently playing TESO :P ) so I don't know what state Rage is in now, but even though I think this is a great idea I think the best solution would be a server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnin View Post
    So after Rage basically went belly up, there was a blip of activity with new foreign players and guilds (you could tell from the keyboard turning that they were new). Anyway, it's back to the pre-blip state, which leads me to believe the problem is Rage. You could get 200k people to join the server and in 6 months tops, they'd be gone. Why?

My answer is the self-defeating masters of nothing. Who cares that you're so pro, if there's no one to fight? (Not a rhetorical question, btw.)

You can't transfer off the damn thing, so you might as well do some soul-searching and come up with a solution.

My two cents: teach those noobs to play. They call you a cheat; show them how to double tap, how to circle strafe, how to combo jump. Then they get better and more interested and you have worthier adversaries. Some of the vet guilds like kobk could send some captains to join the new guilds and help them out. Teach them classes, group tactics, etc. Bam! you just got minis back. Your buddies might come back from Crom and Fury if there were minis popping.

Don't like my answer? Come up with your own. But unless you figure out how to share your pro skills and stop farming noobs and talking incessant #@$% in /NPH your server will stay dead. Make a community, ffs.
    /yawn

1 month ago i logged on, killed 3 people

got 3 hackusations *facepalm*

I am willing to roll a toon on rage but to be completely honest with you, spending the next 6 months leveling isn't that appealing. Power level me. I also heard mini games don't pop, how do you get pvp gear? Just t1 only?

Nothing happens on Rage. They don't even do the World Boss. I made a character on Rage because they said it was open world PvP, but there is no one on Rage so I guess they do mini-games, but I never see mini-games either. My character of two years on Rage has 1700 pvp points and searches for open world PvP encounters. There are none essentially so I geared up in Khitai doing solo unchained. Funcom is doing nothing about Rage and so I want my character off the Rage server.

For Rage to revive it has to do something the other servers don't and I am sorry but removing the city guards means nothing, I pvp in Turan on Fury all the time and I rarely am the attacker. Maybe give players power-ups to solo Raids. That would be new. Maybe reveal what map other players were on in the player listings.

I promise you one thing, I did not level a character on Rage to do minis. Minis should get a lower level of XP compared to open world PvP on Rage. Maybe triple open world PvP XP, solo granting a bonus amount. Rage has to be a different PvP world, not the same as Fury. Have to focus on world-wide PvP enhancing, less focus on minis or Bori or something that is just like Fury and Crom.