Thread: How can I limit framerate via nvidia inspector?

Default How can I limit framerate via nvidia inspector?

hey, I got some framerate issue(it goes below 10 when I'm in crowded place, like sag or raid) so just using dx 10 client then it seemed solved(well, I'll put my question aside why it was fine to using dx 9 client until few weeks ago for now, even it means my laptop slowly do less performance by time goes, anyway if it completely broken then i can buy new one :P)
    but there has another issue appeared, in lobby, framerate goes too high like 90fps, and i guess its not good for my cpu, so tried to limit it up to..well i expected 30, in mini or raid its usually gives me 20ish fps so dont expecting too much like 60.
    I tried adjusting an option 'named maximum frame allowed' but it gives no change..
    so how can i limit framerate by using nvidia inspector? can i put exact number to limit framerate?

my laptop's spec is like this,
    cpu - i7-4700 mq
    video card - nvidia 750m(driver 355.98) / intel hd 4600(driver 10.18.14.4294) (since its optimus laptop :s)
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Lehudib View Post
    but there has another issue appeared, in lobby, framerate goes too high like 90fps, and i guess its not good for my cpu, so tried to limit it up to..
    Unless you already have heating problem (and you can check your cpu temp with many different software), 90 FPS should not be problematic at all. Hell, you could go much higher without any trouble.

If you really want to limit the framerate for some obscur reason or because you have an overheating problem, you can just force the V-Sync in the Nvidia Control Panel for AoC, I guess.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Unless you already have heating problem (and you can check your cpu temp with many different software), 90 FPS should not be problematic at all. Hell, you could go much higher without any trouble.

If you really want to limit the framerate for some obscur reason or because you have an overheating problem, you can just force the V-Sync in the Nvidia Control Panel for AoC, I guess.

well, in lobby fps hits around 90, but in pvp or raid it usually become around 20 fps so i dont think that situational fps has much meaning in actual playing.
    anyway by adding maximum framerate option(dont remember its exact name, but editing xml files in nvidia inspector does it) and v-sync so its finally maximum 30fps ^^ thanks for reply
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p