Thread: My Norwegian-spoken Presentation on AoC-History

Default My Norwegian-spoken Presentation on AoC-History

So I asked you guys for help some time ago, and this is the product of that help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOtzCOu78I

A 22-23 minutes long presentation on the history of Age of Conan and FunCom from the perspective of the subject (in Norwegian): "Hvilke roller kan internettsamfunn ha i å forme opplevelsen i internettbaserte flerspiller spill?"

Which translates to English as "Which roles can the internet community have in shaping the experience in internet-based multiplayer games?"

Despite maybe sounding like it, this is not a scientific paper, and my opinions and my personal experiences shines quite strongly through the presentation, and the facts presented are a product of those.

To give you an example, at one point I will be referring to Gaute Godager's blogging on mistakes as being about his history in FunCom, but that is actually a factual error (he makes no such direct links to his FunCom career), and more about me assuming he takes his inspiration from that past to write those blog posts. Anyways, I hope some people will find it interesting, as a lot is being presented at a fast pace!

The people at the Fury forum will probably have the greatest benefit from the video, as it's heavily biased towards the perspective of a PvP-player, and examples are taken from that community.

Haha that mammoth walking down the alchemist tower! That's me! Im a youtube celebrity now! I was never stuck, I actually walked down from the top of the tower :P. Just had to correct that!
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Haha that mammoth walking down the alchemist tower! That's me! Im a youtube celebrity now! I was never stuck, I actually walked down from the top of the tower :P. Just had to correct that!
    Ah, yeah, I just needed an image exemplifying issues with collision xD sry, exploited you

I would love some subtitles
    Retired

Default Captioning the video

**edited
    So that this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by Mustaine; 17th December 2015 at 01:02.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I would love some subtitles
    I started, I came to 1:35 minutes, then I gave up (added it to video though, if you really think 1:35 is better than nothing, added it as british english) xD I talk too much, it's a momentous task to translate it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    OP: Please see this link to add transcribed text file to your video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvHIDKLFqc#t=115

You would have to translate your original "speech" from your presentation in Google translator and put that into a text document - to be made available for the captioning application.

ENJOY.
    I still talk too much, a momentous task, and talked entirely without a script. I think that unless somebody else writes down everything I say, you'll just have to live without the privilege of being a Norwegian in this situation xD
    Last edited by Prophet-of-AoC; 26th November 2015 at 04:33.