Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A New Challenger Approaches!

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Most of these issues tend to do with interference between your computer and our servers; we're not saying it's explicitly one or the other, but it's usually related to that. Preferences, authentication, verification, and display/missing assets issues are all symptoms of this, and you should definitely get in contact with tech support at http://help.funcom.com/ when you can. The sprint and loot issues are something I'll have to look in to. If you can PM me a detailed, step-by-step process on how to reproduce your sprint energy not working properly, or that problem with loot that you're citing, that would be a huge help. Thanks!
    I'm fairly confident only one of his listed issues is possibly caused by interference between computer and servers. And that would be the character Authentication.

But in all likelyhood, every single one of those problems are on Funcom's end. They should be things that can be fixed/managed by Funcom.

Options not saving - Definitely Funcom's Fault. This is related to the preferences files having too many chat log lines. If they have too many, the Funcom Servers will not accept the players preferences file. This causes the server version to continually be loaded and never overwritten. It can be fixed by removing the limitation on preference log file size, or by stopping server-side saving entirely.

Authentication error: At times you can be disconnected and not allowed to reconnect for 15+ minutes while you wait for the server to log you out due to afk timer.

Character Screen not updating: I suspect this may in part be due to preferences not saving. Could be something else though. Doesn't seem likely it is a simply connection issue.

Invisible Mount/character is not a connection problem, that is entirely on your end.

Sprint issue: As has been reported probably 100's of times, this can happen after you get disconnected back to the login screen. You log right back into your character and the sprint no longer works.

Verification system: This has always behaved weirdly and differently for different people. I have never really had a problem with it but for others all sorts of different behavior ensues. This seems like one of the least likely things that could be fixed.

And here I'll add an additional issue that has been plaguing us ever since the last server merge.

The "Can only have one" item system has not worked since the last server merge. You can multiples of every "Can only have one" item. This is most seriously a problem with random loot boxes that drop "Can only have one" items. As you are likely aware, it is Funcom's policy to never make good on the "Can only have one" rule when players get multiples they never should have gotten, and never wanted to get.

So, with all this you should have a nice start as a community manager. If you can get the devs to fix any of these problems and keep us up to date on what they plan to do, you will have a lot of happy players.

I hope you enjoy your time as a community manager. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I'm fairly confident only one of his listed issues is possibly caused by interference between computer and servers. And that would be the character Authentication.

But in all likelyhood, every single one of those problems are on Funcom's end. They should be things that can be fixed/managed by Funcom.

Options not saving - Definitely Funcom's Fault. This is related to the preferences files having too many chat log lines. If they have too many, the Funcom Servers will not accept the players preferences file. This causes the server version to continually be loaded and never overwritten. It can be fixed by removing the limitation on preference log file size, or by stopping server-side saving entirely.

Authentication error: At times you can be disconnected and not allowed to reconnect for 15+ minutes while you wait for the server to log you out due to afk timer.

Character Screen not updating: I suspect this may in part be due to preferences not saving. Could be something else though. Doesn't seem likely it is a simply connection issue.

Invisible Mount/character is not a connection problem, that is entirely on your end.

Sprint issue: As has been reported probably 100's of times, this can happen after you get disconnected back to the login screen. You log right back into your character and the sprint no longer works.

Verification system: This has always behaved weirdly and differently for different people. I have never really had a problem with it but for others all sorts of different behavior ensues. This seems like one of the least likely things that could be fixed.

And here I'll add an additional issue that has been plaguing us ever since the last server merge.

The "Can only have one" item system has not worked since the last server merge. You can multiples of every "Can only have one" item. This is most seriously a problem with random loot boxes that drop "Can only have one" items. As you are likely aware, it is Funcom's policy to never make good on the "Can only have one" rule when players get multiples they never should have gotten, and never wanted to get.

So, with all this you should have a nice start as a community manager. If you can get the devs to fix any of these problems and keep us up to date on what they plan to do, you will have a lot of happy players.

I hope you enjoy your time as a community manager. Good Luck
    Options not saving is definatly funcoms end. and yes definatly to do with chat windows saving on servers,
    Why not make chats saved locally only? can you not move the chat save away?
    it may fix both the character portraits updating, and the options not saving properly. and should not cost a quick fix.

honestly, this has been reported so many times, and fixes have been tried and succeeded, Funcom just needs to listen to that. and it really should not be happening and has nothing to do with connection problems. its just embarrassing to have options not saving. please look into this.

Authentication issue - yes it may be because of a bad connection and a disconnect. but what if you add a check, to the auth servers, that if the login is coming from same IP as previously and player hasn't moved for the last 1 minutes or whatever, allow the login. that also should not be too much of an issue to fix. plenty of ways to code around that silly 15 minute timer. which is a real pain when your raiding at it happens.
    Could have a simple Keep alive sent from client to server once a minute, or once every 2 minutes or 5, if that's not received by the server, then you are automatically put into an afk state. and in afk state, you can log back in if IP is same is previous. etc etc. I*m sure your techs could figure out some solution with not a great deal of effort.

invisible mount - this one just zoom in and back out. - its an annoyance, but for me rarely happens.

but authentication issues, options not saving, and character portraits not updating, if a new player experiences these, it just gives a bad impression. and all us vets would love to be rid of them, they are small, but actually create a big annoyance factor. SO please look into this again,
    Whether funcom keeps aoc alive or sells the game off, these issues need to be polished up... way past time.

Greetings! This is GM Odonoptera. Do you have a moment to speak about your peti--

Wait, hold on.

I guess old habits die hard! Hey, everybody--I’m Andy “Odonoptera” Benditt, and I’m equal parts humbled, thrilled, and terrified to have the opportunity to work with Sezmra and Tomium as part of the Community team.

I’ve spoken to many of you in my time as a Game Master, so I’d like to share a few things about myself to help break the ice:

First and foremost, I’ve been working with Funcom since April 2012, and have been involved with online gaming communities since the days of direct-dialing a friend’s modem for a quick 1v1, or hopping on Kali to get my TDM fix on.

I’ve also helped moderate for dedicated server communities in the past, and have been an officer in successful raiding guilds for other titles.

On the side and in the past, I’ve been an assistant director for a local non-profit outfit, dabbled in performance arts, and even rang up Mr. Stephen Colbert himself at one point back during my retail days. I also enjoy drawing and painting through traditional and digital mediums, and I’m frequently out and about in town.

If I run into any local players, please, don’t hurt me!

That’s about all from me, folks. If you have any questions for me, ask away either here or on Twitter: @Odonoptera

I’ll answer what I can

Cheers!
    Can you take me to GM Island?
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    How about you all fix the sag bug where you can only see the group in your in and not the other. Who cares abit log in screens not updating, not being able to determine what kind of team you have or where your team mates are is a big deal.
    It is really very annoying that you can't see other raid's comrades
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Funcom

Hey folks,

It's unfortunate that you've been having these kinds of problems for a while, and while we're happy to work with you all to at least alleviate the problems, this thread really isn't the place for issue reports. We're happy to hear you all out about it, but if you want direct assistance with some of these things, please contact customer support directly.

If anybody has any specific, private concerns, or if there's something you'd like to see from us from a community perspective, drop me a PM. Thanks all
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Hey folks,

It's unfortunate that you've been having these kinds of problems for a while, and while we're happy to work with you all to at least alleviate the problems, this thread really isn't the place for issue reports. We're happy to hear you all out about it, but if you want direct assistance with some of these things, please contact customer support directly.

If anybody has any specific, private concerns, or if there's something you'd like to see from us from a community perspective, drop me a PM. Thanks all
    When you look at the replies you get in a welcome thread it is a clear hint towards a community that is starved on feedback. We take the chance we can when we see someone from the game administration that hopefully approach this with a fresh and positive attitude. When you say alleviate, does that mean that you are unable to fix this, and we should accept the gamebugs in current Live version as the final version and that it will never be fixed? In that case, my positive hopes weaken considerably.

The thing is that these bugs are game errors and your customers should not have to contact customer service for fixing it. Customer service would help out with faults related to local installations of the game on the users computers, account related problems and payments, etc.. What we experience when playing a 100% working copy of Age of Conan, faults that are verified and reported thousands of times over the five or six years the oldest bugs has been around, that is complete bollo*ks that we as paying customers have to make an effort to report this once again, each and every one that has the problem. You want somewhere to start, look up Tomiums sticky suggestions thread. Plenty of reported issues here and it takes minimal effort to recreate most of them. I for one would be more than happy to help out if you need a test dummy to recreate bugs or glitches.

Funcom

Oh, I definitely get the hint. When I mean 'alleviate', I mean that we can offer workarounds for specific issues that you're talking about. As far as permanent solutions for the issues you're reporting--that's something we're all actively looking in to. I really do want to give more concrete information about these kinds of problems, since we are aware of them and do want to make sure they're ironed out. Believe me, I've gotten plenty of reports about similar issues in my time as a GM, and I'm certain I will continue to receive concerns about them moving forward.

It's good to know exactly what the hot-button topics are with folks, so I'm able to collect this information and present it to the appropriate parties.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Congrats on the promotion! I don't submit very many petitions....maybe 8 in 4/5 years... but I hoped every time I get you because I haven't had another GM nearly as helpful as you were.

Will miss you in game.

The forums can be a harsh place, good luck, God speed, and don't drop the soap.

It's good to know exactly what the hot-button topics are with folks, so I'm able to collect this information and present it to the appropriate parties.
    It would be nice if there was a list of issues known to Funcom, so that people would feel less need to report them repeatedly.

That would reduce the effort spent on writing and reading bug reports and show the customers that the company is at least working on or aware of some things.

Would be a nice new project for a new community manager - communicating people and so on.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Funcom

Congratulations Andy! Great to have you on the CM team and good to see you on the forums. I look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for the community.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast