Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will the next major update bring us?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    What is stopping you two from using this content? Especially now that T3.5/4 is a sunday stroll in the park. I'm tired of seeing this reason flagged whenever something new and hard is added to the game. If you got motivation and time to do the content, nothing can stop you from doing it. If you are a PvPer or F2P, take your complaints elsewhere... Given the resources Funcom had when they put together T6, they have done a really good job with new encounters containing new mechanics and animations.

The problem that often comes along is people that complain about nothing happening, content being unavailable, yet groups like Crompugs, Domus Serpentis, Aichmophobia, etc, need more people, more stable raiders that can join week in and week out. The same people that log on for 10 minutes, monitor global chat, conclude that "nothing is happening" and then proceed to log off. I'm quite sure that Serot and his men/women would clear T5 in a matter of weeks if they had manpower for it.

The opportunity is there for everyone to do the content, if you want to do it. There isn't anyone forcing you to play the game and if one think that it is unfair that the newer content is more difficult than older content, take 5 and do a reality check.

There are no impossible encounters, only gear checks and correct tactics. Hunger for progression is what drives the guilds that chase new kills. Hunger for loot is what drive the people that complain about difficulty, and that leads to lack of progression.
    People in my guild don't want to pay Funcom anymore. When have T5/T4/T3.5 gear, but lost faith into Funcom after all this years of waiting. They go only to T3.5 because they need close achivements for alts, and because T3.5 free (and don't need full raid). They don't want to pay Funcom, because they sure what Funcom don't spend this money for AoC. And russian players because of this crisis don't want to pay such amount of money. Some of players don't like visuals of T6 set, some of them don't like class req for weapons. Some of players don't like stats of T6 gear.

The thing often stopping progression is people playing classes they should not play, and the fear of telling someone that is experienced on a class that they should rethink playstyle, keybinds, build, to more effective builds. Maybe an encounter is a dps race and not a survival. I've been there, on both sides of that argument.

Vistrix takes more time to master than Yakhmar, but it is very much doable as long as everyone is awake and on their toes. Several videos are out, and it is no problem to get the tactics for the fights. It is no shame in asking for help either.

It does tend to be the folks that have least interest in progression and most interest in loot that give up on progression first.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    People in my guild don't want to pay Funcom anymore. When have T5/T4/T3.5 gear, but lost faith into Funcom after all this years of waiting. They go only to T3.5 because they need close achivements for alts, and because T3.5 free (and don't need full raid). They don't want to pay Funcom, because they sure what Funcom don't spend this money for AoC. And russian players because of this crisis don't want to pay such amount of money. Some of players don't like visuals of T6 set, some of them don't like class req for weapons. Some of players don't like stats of T6 gear.
    It's obviously hard to please everyone. The $ per hour I spend in game is peanuts compared to my Netflix, Spotify, Blurays or other media hobbies. Being unhappy with loot should be the least concern. If there is too much bitching about it, then the player seems not very interested in the encounter, but mostly out for the loot, which can create arguments and shift focus away from progressing, and creating negative athmosphere. Don't like class restrictions on items? Most items are so specialized for classes anyway, that they aren't much good for the unintended classes.

i don't pay funcom because there are no other methods but credit/debit cards outside the US, you make it hard for some of us, FC.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    i don't pay funcom because there are no other methods but credit/debit cards outside the US, you make it hard for some of us, FC.
    I am doing all my payments with paysafecards .
    But I'm not sure if they are available in other countries than Austria/Germany
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    I am doing all my payments with paysafecards .
    But I'm not sure if they are available in other countries than Austria/Germany
    they're not, i've tried, lol
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    It's obviously hard to please everyone. The $ per hour I spend in game is peanuts compared to my Netflix, Spotify, Blurays or other media hobbies. Being unhappy with loot should be the least concern. If there is too much bitching about it, then the player seems not very interested in the encounter, but mostly out for the loot, which can create arguments and shift focus away from progressing, and creating negative athmosphere. Don't like class restrictions on items? Most items are so specialized for classes anyway, that they aren't much good for the unintended classes.
    Main problem what players don't want to spend money and time for AoC like they spend it few years ago. They don't have enough motivation, because so many good games around. Of course, they can log in during prime-time, clear few dungeons, play few mini-games, but you don't find enough people for raid. Players have grown, and Funcom did not grow. Players learn their mistakes and Funcom don't learn anything. Achivements lure people for few months, but core players already did them and wait for new update, but Funcom delay it again and again. And even with achivements people feel robbed, because Funcom force them clear many things again and don't confirmed some achivements for the past. Most of updates from last years looks good & interesting, but it was too late to keep core base of players. T6 looks good, but you don't find enough players for it. I seen stupid mistakes from players in pugs who die in already nerfed T3-T4! Game had lost too many good players, and newbies can't replace them even if they farm WB for years.

Some players always, no matter what, finds a negative perspective to fuel their criticism towards Funcom. The game is what the game is, and it is completely up to you and everyone else whether to play it or not. Nobody is forcing you to log on the game and be unhappy, or spread your miscontent on the forums. Yes, games like Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are great games!! But you cannot compare them to an 8 year old MMO.

The achievement system is brilliant! I really wish that it would have been in game from start of Khitai! But it wasn't. Hindsight is the easiest form of knowledge in the world. We have what we have, and choose to use it or not to use it.

No mistakes are stupid, as long as the player learns from it, and don't do it repeatedly. If so, the group/raid leader need to inform the guy what's wrong and how he can improve. If he refuses to take advice, thats a different story..

Almost every guild that currently do T6 is recruiting. There are also guilds that wish to do T6 but lack the numbers, go ahead and talk to eachother and form a productive alliance.

So shax and the rest of the pve population got access to their t6 pve vanity gear, when do I and my friends get access to our t4 PvP vanity sets?
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast