Default Pc specs trubble

So im trying to play aoc on my notebook with the current specs :
    Windows 8.1
    Intel Core i7 4710HQ-prosessor
    8gb DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM
    Intel® HD Graphics 4600
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX850M med 2GB DDR3 VRAM
    1TB HDD 7200 RPM

And my question is why do i feel the game is lagging and having problems with fps? im currently using defult settings, and the game crashes alot when trying to loads new sones and so on, thx in advance for any help.
    The specs shoud be good enugh to play the game right? the laptopp is worth 1000€ new from shop in norway

That should be more than enough to play AoC yeah. Even though it's a laptop the CPU is solid and the GPU isn't too bad either. Have you checked that the game isn't simply running on the Intel integrated GPU rather than the nvidia one?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Bottlenecks could either be slow storage, ddr3 vram, single channel ram (8gb is likely a single module), aoc being unable to make decent use of your cpu or a combination of all.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

My guess is Aoc cant determine which GPU to use and its getting confused and ends up crashing.

I'd be able to figure it out if it was in front of me.
    Last edited by Halfdead; 10th November 2015 at 02:59.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Im gonna try and make it so that the cpu gets changed to the nvidia 850m and see if that wont help me out, thx for the replys hope it works

What the others are hinting around for is if your laptop uses "nvidia optimus", if so you'll likely be able to tell from an ugly sticker somewhere near the keyboard. Depending on manufacturer you might be able to disable that feature in BIOS.
    I don't think that this is the issue but its still worth trying.

Other than that you could use tools like task manager and msi afterburner to check CPU-, GPU- and RAM-usage while playing AoC. Check if there's any of these at its maximum to find the bottleneck. Core-Usage is interesting for CPU, like if aoc only uses a single core all the time and has it running at max load.
    Might also want to play around with graphics settings just for seeing if it would change anything, could use FRAPS to benchmark the results.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 11th November 2015 at 17:48.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Yup, check in the Nvidia Control Panel if AoC is set to run on the HD Graphics 4600 or the GTX850M (right click on desktop, click it in the menu list, then there's an option where you can either choose a gpu to use for every task, and an other option when you can tune more finely and chose which GPU to use for each program). Sometime, the system autamatically attribute the correct GPU to the game, sometimes not. You have to check once (the first time you launch a new game) and the settings is saved for further game sessions. If AoC is set to run with the 4600 by mistake, you will notice huge lag and probably some crashes.

Also, if your laptop is unplugged, it will automatically switch to the Intel HD by default.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.