Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2015/...th-gorgor.html

Yeah, there is some hope. And yes, what we call "Funcom" aka THIS GUY is aware of the issue
    Hope in 5 years?

I don't think they will be doing any of that, until that movie Conan is announced and showing a trailer preview. Until then, it's all on back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    Hope in 5 years?

I don't think they will be doing any of that, until that movie Conan is announced and showing a trailer preview. Until then, it's all on back burner.
    They can simply take the PvP khemi event and do something with that, even if its not a mini, it's something you can do with friends at least. There should small things like this so we can at least do something PvP related more than once a month.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    They can simply take the PvP khemi event and do something with that, even if its not a mini, it's something you can do with friends at least. There should small things like this so we can at least do something PvP related more than once a month.
    Yeah the once a month thing is silly. They need real content that is driven by players and has huge rewards after working weeks to months for it as a individual player and as a team. Even attaching more achievements with pvp rewards would be great for class specific,a archetype and racial and then your generic. Then offer rewards like (Guild Banners, Armored Mounts, cloaks or satchels) or (social pvp armor). There are so many things they can do, but as usual, it all comes down to their budget and priorities which sucks the big one.

It just would have been nice if they focused more on pvp when they had the funds, but Silirrion did a number on this game... like a worm inside an apple.

I'm sick and tired of this random balance. Let us play with friends, like it used to be. Why did you have to change something that was already good?

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I'm sick and tired of this random balance. Let us play with friends, like it used to be. Why did you have to change something that was already good?
    If you enjoy the pvp in this game and are relatively decent at it, you begin to feel that way and it builds up and gets worse and worse over time.

Most mini-games I join now make me cringe and want to smash my monitor because I can literally see how they developed the game for a mass infestation of noobs and pve players to compete in PVP.

Gear, Classes, Invulns, AA and easy mode abilities stacked with not being able to play with your friends is a natural disaster for anybody who is good at this game. Funcom designed it that way purposely so everybody has a chance at winning.

The Ranger alone can make any clothie class want to implode on the inside. Then you have your stacked teams of bad conqs with 2 bubbles wearing full pvp 10 gear and stacked AA's hitting you while you are trying to kill of other targets. It's just one big giant noob invasion game with the potential of being absolutely amazing.

It's really simple. What if raiding was pug only, same system as minis now. Take the newly released. T6 content. Why should only a few elite raiders have access to this content?Only a limited few will enjoy the benefits. Is it really so different than PvP? You have to work as a group with specific tasks to accomplish objectives. PvP is not any different. The only difference is that, unlike raiders, we don't get to pick the best of the best, fully geared players we want. Instead, your punished fir being a better player and put into a system which tries to keep you from taking advantage if that. Not only are you punished for having any kind of skill, but your exploited for it as well. You get forced onto teams with remarkablly bad players, and used to help them win if you want to win. I can't think of any other game that not only makes it terribly hard to play with your friends, but then forces you to level the general population as well. Raiders would not tollerate this, why should pvpers.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    Most mini-games I join now make me cringe and want to smash my monitor because I can literally see how they developed the game for a mass infestation of noobs and pve players to compete in PVP.

... Funcom designed it that way purposely so everybody has a chance at winning.
    Pretty sure I agree with your conclusion, but not with the reasoning:
    * Every game should try to attract noobs - no noobs means no new players.
    * Games should make sure that everyone has a chance at winning - if they play the game right.

The real issue is that FC's focus on vertical power progression did not attract, but drove away masses of players. And as to chances at winning, it rewarded people for grinding rather than for playing the game right.

What we are left with is a situation where the interests of hardcore PvPers and noobs are aligned:
    * Hardcore PvPers want a level playing field where their skill is decisive.
    * Noobs have the learning curve to deal with already; disadvantaging them further through vertical power progression only drives them away.

This also has implications for the OP. If you force noobs to play this game as lone wolves in uncoordinated PUG minis, they are unlikely to learn the game - rather, they will get farmed for a while, and then give up on PvP. Give people the ability to sign together, and new players who have some promise and dedication will find more experienced players to help them step up their game.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Adding something to Suctum's post.
    On fury there is plenty of players who are pvp5+ and can't land a single combo , mostly don't even bother with it and just go flabgotting . Some of them can't even set up their buffs yet . Tho they are advancing towards pvp10 , quite fast actually as most them play many hours a day . The higher they get the worse it will be as they count as "high pvp" in the balancing system, just every decent pvp0 can do better.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    . Raiders would not tollerate this, why should pvpers.
    Because Craig Morrison. Thats why.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Because Craig Morrison. Thats why.
    We all know who did it, but at this point it doesn't matter. In pve you don't get rewarded for losing, why be rewarded in PvP for the same. Not only do you get rewarded, you get the chance to get a team of veterans who win it for you. How would people doing t6 react if 8 people out of the raid suddenly got replaced with low skilled players, and the gear went to them while we know they were not the ones who made the clear possible. There would be outrage. But in PvP, we have to deal with this on a day to day basis, and basically do community service by leveling up those who can't do it on there own.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast