Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

Half of the minis I play are frustrating. Either it's clueless people (although you can't blame them if they are noobs) or, worse, leechers.

At least let us suffer a bit less by always being able to join minis with a friend or two, being in the same team. It shouldn't be very hard to make since it's how it used to be years ago.

EDIT (more rant): the only PvP I really enjoy nowadays is the PvP Event, and that's just one week, but at least I can team up with the people I want, and open-world PvP is always fun. If only the event lasted all the three weeks where there's no world boss... That would be a dream come true, so I could forget about lottery minigames.
    Last edited by Patoson; 29th February 2016 at 18:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Half of the minis I play are frustrating. Either it's clueless people (although you can't blame them if they are noobs) or, worse, leechers.

At least let us suffer a bit less by always being able to join minis with a friend or two, being in the same team. It shouldn't be very hard to make since it's how it used to be years ago.

EDIT (more rant): the only PvP I really enjoy nowadays is the PvP Event, and that's just one week, but at least I can team up with the people I want, and open-world PvP is always fun. If only the event lasted all the three weeks where there's no world boss... That would be a dream come true, so I could forget about lottery minigames.
    yeah go figure. In a pvp server one would think that this would be the most logical thing to do albeit with greatly reduced rewards, in regards to the pvp festival event all 3 weeks or even the whole month. Instead it's just boring duels, unsolicited gank and occasional minis. When was it the last time this game had a creative mind in charge?
    Last edited by strangerism; 2nd March 2016 at 14:28.

What is keeping pvpers in other games is most certainly not the ability to team up against randoms (only losers vouch for that that is when theyre not exploiting the queue already) but the ability to play ranked matches to compete in a ladder coupled with "minimum" care about illegal third party softwares.

blizzard releases crappy dumbed down games but they do everything to make them e-sport ready and will ban any cheat, gathering number any stupid raid focused game will never reach, the result is an obvious win for their marketing and the downfall of the industry.

/ultra signed!

We pvpers have somehow survived with little love from the devs. We ask so little. And get even less. This would let us play together in pvp.

I suggest max 3 together.

This is the big one, and hoping current game director will see what an immense and good change it would be!

Anyways for those who haven't seen it, here's what Cirithgorgor had to say about making duo/buddy signups happen:

The matchmaking system for minigames is embedded deep in the code base, I myself am not a coder and its going to be a very hard sell to try and get code time (which is at an absolute premium) for this.
    (2 years ago)

Hell this is the 2nd time today I more or less rage-quit aoc .
    Minis right now are close to unplayable .
    Pvp levels might be balanced , player skill and team play is not .
    Played with plenty of high pvp lvl players today who couldn't net a damn kill or pop a heal.

On certain days the funcom matchmaking troll just seems to pick you and dooms you to get that the fail team again and again.

Signing up with a friend would at least make it a bit more enjoyable....

And what is going with the latency ? Recently when I play around prime time my latency never goes below 200ms and is mostly between 250 and 280ms .
    Since I am not actively playing a ranger this is most annoying
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Played with plenty of high pvp lvl players today who couldn't net a damn kill or pop a heal.

On certain days the funcom matchmaking troll just seems to pick you and dooms you to get that the fail team again and again.

And what is going with the latency ? Recently when I play around prime time my latency never goes below 200ms and is mostly between 250 and 280ms .
    revelant! mayde it s time to reroll onepushbutton class
    Nazariin - Assassin 7 - Crom
    Rebriarah - BS 4 - Crom
    Ismemah - Hox - Fury

/signed
    Would be fun to do that, but not sure if Funcom will do anything about it.
    P.s. Funcom have a potato. Anyway you ignore posts like this :P
    The Law of Fury

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post

imho, games that care about providing a quality team vs team instanced arena pvp experience for their customers always do matchmaking by individual rank (for random matches only) and team ladder or league level with a cheat detection system and at least one GM who can actively ban rotten apples from pvp. That is if you want to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone and group up with all your friends.

The new PvP Arena could have been a good way to initiate this kind of content but ultimately it ended up like a substitute of the Pokemon Arena™ without even it's own instance and it would have been wrong to expect more from funcom since their shared coders are forbidden to spend time in aoc when they already have projects like Lego and TSW as priority.

But since funcom already has confirmed their cheat detection system is in place and this is an mmo (imho more coop instanced game than mmo) nowadays 95% focused on instanced pve (after having been heavily marketed as pvp friendly if not centric brutal CONAN experience), the most expensive to develop and the fastest to expire recommanded for companies with a lot of funds or big publishers in this day and age of the mmo market, and they dont have the intention to market this game anymore most specially in the pvp departement, we are safe to assume not /signing this would make little to no difference.

This is why they finally develop Conan Exiles, to again follow the market trend but this time of low budget successful pvp games however already a lot of pvp gamers could not trust funcom ever again with their wallet so only time will tell if they forgot the past, it would have to be flawless...

I am so up for this! Sign as 3 players would also be fine!

/signed