Thread: Water graphics bug

Default Water graphics bug

So I have this problem now for a very long time (around 2 years) and I can't figure out why this happens (I changed all kinds of graphical settings already, uninstalled the game formated the PC and even changed my graphics card). The problem is that this special setting that shows these underwater light refelctions only in a weird "square" like on this screenshot:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1446045422.jpg

Sure, it's nothing gamebreaking but still, it looks not very nice.

My graphics card is a Radeon R9 280X, I asked in the global char about this already but some people who have this card don't have the same problem.

Have you tried different AA settings in game? I would try these first

A certain AA setting in TSW causes all water to become choppy pixelated blocks.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Dx10 right?

If so there is this only show blabla while submerged that should fix this.

If you're dx9 then this doesn't halp
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I set AA to "Off", FXAA, and FXAA HQ (what I normally use) but that did not changed this bug (I did restart the game after every change).

@Fass I know I could turn it off that it can only be seen when underwater but I would like to see these water ground refections when not in water, because they let the ocean look far more real.

This looks perfectly normal, underwater caustics have always been that way. Still looks better than just turning them off though.

At least they're not completelely broken like they are on the latest 9xx nvidia cards ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTg-D1_AY3I ), you should be happy

edit : oh wait you mean that large square area thingy, I am not sure but the game is full of graphical glitches anyway, do you see it everywhere? or just in a specific place? if so, where exactly was this taken? I'm thinking Paikang?
    Last edited by kalston; 28th October 2015 at 18:39.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    This looks perfectly normal, underwater caustics have always been that way. Still looks better than just turning them off though.

At least they're not completelely broken like they are on the latest 9xx nvidia cards ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTg-D1_AY3I ), you should be happy

edit : oh wait you mean that large square area thingy, I am not sure but the game is full of graphical glitches anyway, do you see it everywhere? or just in a specific place? if so, where exactly was this taken? I'm thinking Paikang?
    Yes I mean that square area that shows the caustics but then suddenly cuts off. If my character moves this square moves with me, it's so to say only rendered in a certain distance of my character which makes it look very weird.
    This screenshot was taken in paikang but that bug happens everywhere where underwater caustics can be rendered (only the "ocean water", not the "river water"), for example in Tortage:
    http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1446061097.png
    The lighter area in the water is the area where the underwater caustics are rendered, everything around it looks like underwater caustics where turned off.
    Last edited by xCodename; 28th October 2015 at 19:35.

I don't think this is a bug so much as an oversight.
    What you're seeing is the time cycle blockily affecting two parts of an area. Really noticible in paikang because of the foliage and water.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    I don't think this is a bug so much as an oversight.
    What you're seeing is the time cycle blockily affecting two parts of an area. Really noticible in paikang because of the foliage and water.
    Time Cycle? No I don't think so. Well yes, sometimes the time cycle messes up the shadows (when sun is rising and the moon sets and 2 sources of light appear) but in areas where no time cycle is (like white sand isles or Tortage) there should be everything fine.