Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question to Developers in Regards to PVP Mini-Games

Yes Caudilloo, that's what i meant.
    When it comes to PvP maps, rather than seeing more of them, i'd love to see them tweaked to fix the issues that have been observed in order to incite a more interesting gameplay. Main flaw being acces to rezpad in CTF. An other map addressing these issues would be alright. But fixing old maps would be enough to have a great impact on Mini-game quality and in my opinion a safer bet aswell since you have hard facts to pin-point the improvement areas.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    When it comes to PvP maps, rather than seeing more of them, i'd love to see them tweaked to fix the issues that have been observed in order to incite a more interesting gameplay. Main flaw being acces to rezpad in CTF. An other map addressing these issues would be alright. But fixing old maps would be enough to have a great impact on Mini-game quality and in my opinion a safer bet aswell since you have hard facts to pin-point the improvement areas.
    Why not both? Fix the old ones, give us a new one. The fixes people are asking for can take a programmer less then 1 day to do it. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Putting invisible wall around respad so people from outside couldn't go inside and your own team member who went outside cant jump back as well was probably suggested a hundred times over the years, same story about putting a timer for people who would just camp the zone or hide...

Some of the best troll days was when they instant rezed everyone who died in mini without shield of the risen, it was hilarious to chain kill people who would normally hide and afk or trade lowbie kills and ignore their guildmates or friends if they were in opposing team. 'Cause you know when they are in same team they like to only gank helpless lowbies but when they are separate they say stop farm! ^^

However the only thing they have done about minigame mechanics in all years was putting a fixed resurrection timer so people res together in the pad preventing guy to respawn alone but also preventing guy to insta res and run to pick up flag and they did it cos they were first changing pve res window.

Of course they could also fix the CC fear through one sided flat texture curve where you end up in sky ceiling by simply putting solid brush with hollow texture and a couple other clipping bugs behind the sensible spots but man they haven't done it in 7 years. But you are right, i started ranting about map flaws before i just deleted my text in previous answers, now you can keep your finger crossed but hopefully you stop before you get arthritic

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    Putting invisible wall around respad so people from outside couldn't go inside and your own team member who went outside cant jump back as well was probably suggested a hundred times over the years, same story about putting a timer for people who would just camp the zone or hide...
    That's a bad solution. Unless you're talking about a wide exclusion zone but that's awkward and unpracticle. Honestly that you can jump on the rezpad, or just run around three feet from it has no impact on gameplay. On the first server i was on, bringing flag to rezpad was frowned upon and almost no one did so. The quality of mini was much better, not talking of skill level, just that it was more enjoyable and achieving the objective made sense and wasn't just utterly tedious.

I'd be a partisan of changing rez options. Out of the top of my head, two options i'd like.
    -Preventing your dead team mates from rezzing if your standing too close to the rezpad with flag.
    -Getting an alternative rezpad. If your flag carrier gets too close to one rezpad you're forced to rez on a further rezpad.

That's not just a simple fix but it would, i believe improve grately the CTFs. As for the other maps there's surely some other things that could be done. So fundamentaly sure, an other map... but changes to the current maps would change enough the mini-games encounter to make them interesting again for a while.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123