Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Halloween Quest colassal waste of time

I've been out of town during all this ~ wish they would extend this one week past the Holiday. Isn't that what they've done in the past ?

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    The one above beat me to it but yeah ranger is definetly amongst the slowest when it comes to fire rate (a demo has everything instant in comparison) when using a bow and mostly single target but you can use a ranger sword with a shield and voila, deft stab spamming your static pve mobs 3 by 3 with good positioning, evade buff and traps.
    Ranger dual-wield with deft-stabs and STR gears for the wins!

You're such an underestimated barrel of laughs/rage when people see you rock up with that outfit on =D People asking how an assassin can wear medium armour. Duhhhh, I'm a barb with a toothpick an' an 'evvy stik!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldan-Caine View Post
    Not entirely true, the blue AoE circles of death have a placed limit of 3 I believe, so if and when he casts the 4th one the 1st one disappears etc. And you can still can kite through or around them, you just can't dilly-dally in them.

For the Khemi Halloween quest I always bring a full crate of all potion types needed per character, in addition to what I already have on hand, so I agree, without potions you are asking for trouble on some classes. I even bring a 5 stack of rare health pots (Potent Daggamalt) for those "Oh-crap-everything-that-could-go-wrong-did-go-wrong" moments.

My Ranger did a fair bit of bunny-hopping and I did curse a bit but I never did die. If you make use of all 3 traps, including Booby Trap on minion groups it makes it much easier.
    I also have Concussive Blast plus Pitch Pots feated for a combined group stun/AoE fire damage to further augment Booby Trap. I have the Crossfire AA but did not use it for this fight. I prefer Deadly Draw plus Clout at the moment.

On every toon I always initiate the same strategy, I always wait until there are 2 apprentices out before commencing the fight. I kill 1 right at the bosses feet and kill the other on the opposite side of "The Needle", so I can break LineofSight and also remove the mark and get my 2 minute buff back up on either side. Don't forget there is also an urn at the top of the staircase that can be a lifesaver when you need to get your buff back.
    The wee statue with the tiered steps right at the boss mobs spawn spot is a brilliant place to control the fight including the AE DoTs. They help reduce your movement to a single hop so you have more time pyewpyewpyewing the adds while they run back and forth betwen the levels because the regular steps are the only way up and down the larger tiered steps. Why kite, when you can make the adds kite you!

You dont need extra CC's because they could cost you points better spent on buffing your regular shots, channel-style abilties like linebreaker and pen-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    You dont need extra CC's because they could cost you points better spent on buffing your regular shots, channel-style abilties like linebreaker and pen-shot.
    Lol... it isn't about what I 'need' it is about what I 'like' and what I 'want'.

My Penetrating Shot is buffed just fine with AA's, and Linebreaker does just fine as well. I 'like' having Concussive Blast and Pitch Pots. I also 'like' having multiple CC's, especially for soloing in Khitai. I enjoy playing that type of build. I do more than adequate dps in raids.

Good point about jumping up on The Needle platform to make all the adds run around to use the stairs though. I noticed that peculiarity but since I'm down to only Casters/Healers left to do that quest all they do is just stand there and barely move as they watch Thut-GotShotOn whimper and cry until he dies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234