Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arcanists or Reapers?

Reapers do less damage by themselves; also they lack the spell damage buff of Arcanists.

Reapers can be interesting because they do unholy damage und debuff unholy protection, wheres Arcanists do frost damage (and don't debuff frost protection, but unholy). That can make Reapers useful when you've got no Conq / ToS / Demo to debuff elemental resistance for you (and don't want to use Blizzard to do it yourself, which takes a long time). That's why I recommend Reapers for solo and group play.

Also, they give a miniscule heal. If the tanks' aggro is so low that you cannot go full damage anyhow, that's better than nothing.

For encounters when damage is everything and the target is debuffed properly, by all means, use the Arcanists.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Something weird ...

Today we had an entity fight (once again). There was one other necro who had identical gear to me, full T4 plus INT world boss cloak. We were both in melee groups for Quell the Ether, so no noteworthy buffs for either of us. He used the Reaper spec with Reapers, I used the non-Reaper ranged pet spec with Arcanists.

Now the odd thing: Through two wipes (yeah, it was late and a few players were apparently a bit tired ...) and the finall kill in each try his pets consistently did about 10% more damage than mine. This was mitigated a little bit by me doing more Cabal damage, but this did not make up for these 10%.

His other/spell damage was not as high, since he also had to perform raid leading duties. Still, it makes me wonder why the pet damage is as it is. Shouldn't the Arcanists fare at least equally?
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 15th February 2016 at 22:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Something weird ...

Today we had an entity fight (once again). There was one other necro who had identical gear to me, full T4 plus INT world boss cloak. We were both in melee groups for Quell the Ether, so no noteworthy buffs for either of us. He used the Reaper spec with Reapers, I used the non-Reaper ranged pet spec with Arcanists.

Now the odd thing: Through two wipes (yeah, it was late and a few players were apparently a bit tired ...) and the finall kill in each try his pets consistently did about 10% more damage than mine. This was mitigated a little bit by me doing more Cabal damage, but this did not make up for these 10%.

His other/spell damage was not as high, since he also had to perform raid leading duties. Still, it makes me wonder why the pet damage is as it is. Shouldn't the Arcanists fare at least equally?
    Maybe you forgot to spec Unholy Power? Thats 10% pet damage. Sounds a bit too coincidental though.

Edit: Pet random death through spellweave?
    Last edited by Shax84; 15th February 2016 at 23:35.

Default debuffs and pets

Debuffs no longer affect pets?

1-5 stacks Spiritual Torment (-1250 protection at 5)
    Code:
    [22:52:59] Reaper afflicts Straw Man with Spiritual Torment
    [22:52:59] Your Reaper's Scourge hits Straw Man for 273 unholy damage.
    [22:53:02] Reaper afflicts Straw Man with Spiritual Torment
    [22:53:02] Your Reaper's Scourge hits Straw Man for 273 unholy damage.
    [22:53:04] Reaper afflicts Straw Man with Spiritual Torment
    [22:53:04] Your Reaper's Scourge hits Straw Man for 273 unholy damage.
    [22:53:07] Reaper afflicts Straw Man with Spiritual Torment
    [22:53:07] Your Reaper's Scourge hits Straw Man for 273 unholy damage.
    [22:53:09] Reaper afflicts Straw Man with Spiritual Torment
    [22:53:09] Your Reaper's Scourge hits Straw Man for 273 unholy damage.
    0, 5 stacks Elemental Torment (-1250 protection at 5) + (10 stack Arcanist's Knowledge)
    Code:
    [22:58:24] Your Arcanist's Chill of the Grave hits Straw Man for 216 frost damage.
    [22:58:42] Your Deathly Blizzard (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 567 frost damage.
    [22:58:42] You afflict Straw Man with Deathly Chill
    [22:58:42] You afflict Straw Man with Elemental Torment (5 stack!)
    [22:58:43] Your Arcanist's Chill of the Grave hits Straw Man for 216 frost damage.

Torments have no effect on straw men.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Torments have no effect on straw men.
    1-2 years ago I conducted similar tests. As I recall, there was a difference. But maybe I'm wrong...

Reapers will do more dps if you spec Grim Hunger and The Devourer.
    Grim Hunger makes arcanists and reapers give a holy/unholy debuff but the problem for the arcanists is they only do cold dmg and reapers do unholy.
    The Devourer only affects Reapers and Blood Arcanists.. not Arcanists.. "Blood Arcanists". The ones that require a shackled heart to spawn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12