Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AoC log file full of errors

Wtfast wont work for me on AoC neither
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

So if you don't get any errors on diskcheck, I presume the harddrive is ok and in good health.

Unless the RDB files has been damaged by a bad harddrive, it must be packet loss due to bad signal on your internet connection.

How are your results when you do a test on www.speedtest.net ?

Also, are you on Wifi or LAN? Might even be your router that messes up the connection from time to time.

I got a log too in my root directory of Age of Conan, lots of lines like this there: #1693712] [ID:0] ERROR: ResourceManager - RDBSource_c::ProcessRequest. Resource 1000620:4279085 does not exist in any available RDB sources.

I have no problems with my game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    So if you don't get any errors on diskcheck, I presume the harddrive is ok and in good health.

Unless the RDB files has been damaged by a bad harddrive, it must be packet loss due to bad signal on your internet connection.

How are your results when you do a test on www.speedtest.net ?

Also, are you on Wifi or LAN? Might even be your router that messes up the connection from time to time.

I got a log too in my root directory of Age of Conan, lots of lines like this there: #1693712] [ID:0] ERROR: ResourceManager - RDBSource_c::ProcessRequest. Resource 1000620:4279085 does not exist in any available RDB sources.

I have no problems with my game though.
    Well, the GM said if I delete the last 3 files in the RDB directory it would fix an issue with them. I did it but it did not change anything.

The speedtest gave me this result: (sorry link for it wont work but it was 9ms and around 10.3MB download speed) What I also tried was running cmd while playing and typing in the command ping -t www.google.de so it would constantly ping to Google. The Ping was always around 28ms, only a few packages lost. I couldn't see a similarity between these lags in game and the ping ms in the cmd window.

I am using WLAN but I don't know why the router should only mess around while playing AoC, other games run onlie totaly normal without these lags.

Regarding the log file: Yes that are the same errors I have there too but as I said already, they seem to not be responsible for these mini lags.

You could try temporary plugging a ethernet wire in and testing.

You could also try calling your ISP and see if they can see anything wrong with your connection while the lag is happening.

It appears you've ruled everything out so far.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    You could try temporary plugging a ethernet wire in and testing.

You could also try calling your ISP and see if they can see anything wrong with your connection while the lag is happening.

It appears you've ruled everything out so far.
    Hm... must buy one first than I could see if it changes anything.
    I contacted my ISP very often because I firstly thought it would be a problem from their side but they say everything is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Hm... must buy one first than I could see if it changes anything.
    I contacted my ISP very often because I firstly thought it would be a problem from their side but they say everything is OK.
    I doubt it will change anything but its worth a try. Doesn't surprise me they say its ok, cause they will never admit they're at fault.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Streaming, gaming or sharing files on wireless is inferior to doing the same on cabled connections. The reason why, is simply that Wifi is likely to have interference from everything between Plasma TVs, to microwaves, or wireless keyboard and mice that operate on 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz. Can also be certain house alarms and bluetooth equipment, or even cordless house phones. I've seen the most cause troubles, but often it goes just fine too.

One more thing you should consider when on a wireless connection is to do NOTHING but gaming. A wireless connection is half-duplex, while a LAN connection is full duplex. The difference? Sending and receiving signals simultaneously. A wireless connection can't do that due to self-interference.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Wtfast wont work for me on AoC neither
    It works for me.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    The speedtest gave me this result: (sorry link for it wont work but it was 9ms and around 10.3MB download speed) What I also tried was running cmd while playing and typing in the command ping -t www.google.de so it would constantly ping to Google. The Ping was always around 28ms, only a few packages lost. I couldn't see a similarity between these lags in game and the ping ms in the cmd window.
    I'll stop you right there. An internet connection in 2015 should not have ANY and I do mean ANY packet loss. That is most likely your issue right there. Network issues can and do make AoC freeze and stuff in some circumstances. If you use WLAN then the issue is hopefully (and likely) local otherwise you need to contact your ISP and ask them to fix it.* If you had only mentioned AoC I would have said just get a VPN (such as WTFast), but if you get packet loss to google then you have a far bigger problem. Also seems weird that you get 9ms on speedtest and 28ms on google. If you can get 9ms you should have about the same to google in your own country. Maybe a wee bit higher but certainly shouldn't be that big of a difference.

BTW AoC log files are always full of errors but they rarely matter. You can even disable the logging (like I did) to save a few I/Os and like 0.01% CPU

edit : *you actually did that already so most likely a Wifi issue then.
    Last edited by kalston; 14th October 2015 at 10:40.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I'll stop you right there. An internet connection in 2015 should not have ANY and I do mean ANY packet loss. That is most likely your issue right there. Network issues can and do make AoC freeze and stuff in some circumstances. If you use WLAN then the issue is hopefully (and likely) local otherwise you need to contact your ISP and ask them to fix it.* If you had only mentioned AoC I would have said just get a VPN (such as WTFast), but if you get packet loss to google then you have a far bigger problem. Also seems weird that you get 9ms on speedtest and 28ms on google. If you can get 9ms you should have about the same to google in your own country. Maybe a wee bit higher but certainly shouldn't be that big of a difference.

BTW AoC log files are always full of errors but they rarely matter. You can even disable the logging (like I did) to save a few I/Os and like 0.01% CPU

edit : *you actually did that already so most likely a Wifi issue then.
    I tried it out with a cable to my router now, nothing changed. The package loss is still there.
    I did the speedtest again and it resulted in 9ms again (even if I have around 100ms to google) but some other test gave me results in a average of 32ms - 100ms. My ISP still says that there is no problem but well, they always say that... (When I ping my router there is no package loss, only when pinging "beyond" my router) Seems like I need to live with this stupid problem since I can't really change anything else, only my provider could do something but I doubt that they will even listen to me if I call them because of that problem again xD

Thanks all for your answers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast