Thread: BfC question

Default BfC question

I created a Conqueror on Test Live, and I tested the Battlefield Commander AA. The AA reads that while in Frenzy stance, banners and techniques will provide even greater weapon damage. I have tested it, and the damage is no different from when not using a banner or technique. The damage is still higher if I had no feated BfC, but the way it is read, it sounds that when using a banner or technique, you would gain more damage (or hate if you are in defensive) than if you are just standing idle with the regular formation / discipline buff.

Can someone explain this perk in greater detail for me? Because right now, it seems it is just basically a 40% weapon damage buff at all times.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    I created a Conqueror on Test Live, and I tested the Battlefield Commander AA. The AA reads that while in Frenzy stance, banners and techniques will provide even greater weapon damage. I have tested it, and the damage is no different from when not using a banner or technique. The damage is still higher if I had no feated BfC, but the way it is read, it sounds that when using a banner or technique, you would gain more damage (or hate if you are in defensive) than if you are just standing idle with the regular formation / discipline buff.

Can someone explain this perk in greater detail for me? Because right now, it seems it is just basically a 40% weapon damage buff at all times.
    Far as I know that was part of the re-re-re-revamp of the conk a while back that went through for about a minute and a half on testlive but got reverted. I think they coded the tooltip change and never uncoded it.
    I don't make points I make dents.

i sugest you start using shift click on any buffs that appear in your screen to get up the info window of the buffs so you can red them
    the main thing about any weapon damage buffs to know is the bigger you base damage is on the weapon you use the better performance you get from any weapon damage buffs so with shitty weapons the buffs dont do much but any t3 to t5 weapon wich has best base weapon damage number those buffs will allow you better dps.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i sugest you start using shift click on any buffs that appear in your screen to get up the info window of the buffs so you can red them
    the main thing about any weapon damage buffs to know is the bigger you base damage is on the weapon you use the better performance you get from any weapon damage buffs so with shitty weapons the buffs dont do much but any t3 to t5 weapon wich has best base weapon damage number those buffs will allow you better dps.
    http://imgur.com/a/oCxbz

There you go. No difference between frenzy and defensive. The tooltip is wrong.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Wasn't that part of the nerfs in the last wave of class tweaks? Along with the boa/retaliation changes. I remember a time when conq in frenzy had more base dps than even sin lol
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Wasn't that part of the nerfs in the last wave of class tweaks? Along with the boa/retaliation changes. I remember a time when conq in frenzy had more base dps than even sin lol
    That is true. They nerfed BFC and then reversed the nerf in part - but at least the ridiculous frenzy buff is gone for good. The tooltip for BfC might be wrong, but even with that slight nerf, conq is still OP

Update Notes 4.3
    Conqueror
    The battlefield commander perk now only increases weapon damage on disciplines by an additional 5% in defensive stance but increases hate gain by 3%, the benefits in frenzy stance are unchanged. On banners the increase is split between weapon damage and 2-handed weapon combat rating.

Update Notes 4.4
    Conqueror
    Battlefield Commander - Now adds weapon damage to all formations and disciplines in any stance rather than differentiating functionality based on stance
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Yes it is still OP, but at least Brute conq has a lot of depth and some cool mechanics unlike Guard/DT or Carnie conq which are extremely simple classes. Talking mostly pvp here of course but in pve I could say much the same except that S&S guard has interesting gameplay and non-tali DT is not too bad either. Tali DT and carnie conq in pve are downright stupid right now :/

Bad players are harmless with brute conq, they are only annoying in flag games because it's hard to kill them (and in TT because they res everyone ). On the other hand put that class in the hands of a good player and it's an absolute beast because it has sooo much potential. So in a way, I don't mind brute conq too much in its current state. They should still fix some stuff though, especially the still broken Gods procs vs some classes like tos/demo/sin. They fixed STA and retaliation but overlooked gods :\
    Last edited by kalston; 5th October 2015 at 10:01.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.