Thread: Guild renown rankings are back :-o

Default Guild renown rankings are back :-o

Well thats great.

Only thing is that it resets TWO times a week now, in the night between Wednesday and Thursday as well as between Saturday and Sunday. So we get 2 new rankings a week.

What are your impressions?

The update actually happens at the weekly server restart which should not be intentional. Hopefully it can be fixed or simply remove the weekly at Saturday. Doesn't bother me when it happens as long it's once a week.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

It does not reset twice a week. The code is in fact, just as broken now as it has been for the past couple of years.

The only thing that has changed, is that now during the weekly server resets, Funcom "manully" (as in probably runs a special script or something) resets the current renown gained for the week numbers. This is why we see the Rankings updating every Saturday and showing lots of change.

These weekly renown numbers used to always get reset during the rankings update on Saturday, but after that last server merge that piece of the functionality broke, causing the horrible trouble we would see with huge renown numbers and the rankings not updating properly.

The main benefit, and likely the reason they are still resetting the weekly renown numbers each week, is so guilds can still progress in their Renown levels instead of being stuck at the cap forever.

Funcom has yet to fix the bug preventing the Renown from resetting automatically during the Saturday Rankings update.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It does not reset twice a week. The code is in fact, just as broken now as it has been for the past couple of years.

The only thing that has changed, is that now during the weekly server resets, Funcom "manully" (as in probably runs a special script or something) resets the current renown gained for the week numbers. This is why we see the Rankings updating every Saturday and showing lots of change.

These weekly renown numbers used to always get reset during the rankings update on Saturday, but after that last server merge that piece of the functionality broke, causing the horrible trouble we would see with huge renown numbers and the rankings not updating properly.

The main benefit, and likely the reason they are still resetting the weekly renown numbers each week, is so guilds can still progress in their Renown levels instead of being stuck at the cap forever.

Funcom has yet to fix the bug preventing the Renown from resetting automatically during the Saturday Rankings update.
    The Rankings do change mid week when they do the "manual" reset. I know this to be true because 2 Saturdays ago A guild was listed as 19th in Artistry, then after the mid week update they were 14th. As of last Saturday they are no longer in the top 20.

I really wish Funcom would just be forthcoming with us a tell us what is really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    The Rankings do change mid week when they do the "manual" reset. I know this to be true because 2 Saturdays ago A guild was listed as 19th in Artistry, then after the mid week update they were 14th. As of last Saturday they are no longer in the top 20.

I really wish Funcom would just be forthcoming with us a tell us what is really going on.
    You mean actually communicate with the community? haha good one...
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post

Ah, thank you for correcting me on that matter. I hadn't noticed the rankings updating during server resets too.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Ah, thank you for correcting me on that matter. I hadn't noticed the rankings updating during server resets too.
    That's kind of what I posted few hours before your post.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}