Thread: Item Shop prices

Default Item Shop prices

Funcom did give us the option to unlock items in the Item Shop but if you don't have enough points to buy an item it just shows "buy more FC points". Why don't they just show the prices? I don't want to buy more FC points just to see that I still don't have enough to unlock an item...

So, anyone know the formular how the unlock prices are calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Funcom did give us the option to unlock items in the Item Shop but if you don't have enough points to buy an item it just shows "buy more FC points". Why don't they just show the prices? I don't want to buy more FC points just to see that I still don't have enough to unlock an item...

They probably find it clever to insult customers intelligence by such a "tactic" disguised as sloppiness...
    Last time i checked the unlock price was at least 25% higher than the price for just one item. But this might have changed or might vary now. Best way would be to ask veterans with lots of points, if you look for the price of an specific unlock.
    Some items simply have no unlock option afaik, too. Like for example the pvp armors, pets and pathes etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They probably find it clever to insult customers intelligence by such a "tactic" disguised as sloppiness...
    Last time i checked the unlock price was at least 25% higher than the price for just one item. But this might have changed or might vary now. Best way would be to ask veterans with lots of points, if you look for the price of an specific unlock.
    Some items simply have no unlock option afaik, too. Like for example the pvp armors, pets and pathes etc..
    Of course they enjoy monetizing pvp progression on top of sub (cos if no vet and no sub = no aa = useless) instead of delivering the "unchained" minigames.

They could do the same for pve, let's say if you want a t6 rare token, you need to take a quest with the following task: kill all raid bosses in the game with at best t3 gear and without dieing.
    Add exclusive immunity only available in the cash shop and voila. I am sure it would cause an uproar but after a couple of months as usual the community will live with it or leave but it would be a success for them there is no doubt.

However i would gladly pay a kickstarter(!) for an autoban third party program software or a punkbuster-like software, or even a gm doing it's job regarding the matter and banning people with evidence instead of their current policy, which is clearly the main reason this game could never be popular and competitive in the eyes of the silent majority who uninstalled, even before exploits and imbalance more common to other mmo's.

I'm pretty sure it's 20% extra.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Actually it is 25%...

Box of Twisted Ambits
    Buy=2160 / Unlock=2700

2160/100 = 21.6 (1%)
    21.6*25 = 540 (25% of 2160)
    216+540 = 2700 (25% total increase)

Coffer of Infinity
    Buy=2700 / Unlock=3375

2700/100 = 27.0 (1%)
    27.0*25 = 675 (25% of 2700)
    2700+675 = 3375 (25% total increase)

is there an unlock option for the xp rings?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

There is no formula, basically the prices will almost always sit between "point offers" For example, a $10 offer gets you 1200 funcom points, but a new character slot costs 1350 (or something like that) so unless you have 150 left over you have to either buy a $10 and a 5$ offer, or go one up and spend $20 so you can use $11.25 worth of funcom points. They're crafty...

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post
    is there an unlock option for the xp rings?
    Lmao , ofc its you to ask for that
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows