Thread: Strongbox Key

Default Strongbox Key

So, like, what is it? What's it for?

It is the key to the greatest treasure in all the land.

https://youtu.be/JUfC_ZC44dg

Well ok, maybe not but someone already provided a serious answer.

So, it's like the globe jobbers that give a fly-thru of various areas?

Does it go to something or is it just something to sell for a whopping 10 tin?
    Last edited by ckirmser; 21st September 2015 at 14:24.

find box , use key, get loot

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    find box , use key, get loot
    OK, so there is a box that goes to this thing.

I've tried all sorts of various means of clicking on the silly key and it never produces any sort of associated quest, like the letters that all the bloody Vanirs seem to be carrying in the Fields of the Dead - sheesh, they have some amazing postal service set up in there.

So, how d'ya find this box? Are there clues, or does one simply laboriously scour the entire countryside to gain a handful of silver?

Look near the wolf tamer boss at the entrance from connall's.

most treasures dont have a key, the one u have is just one of those special ones. most people just find the chest/box and they are happy. anyhow where did you got the key? and if you realy want the easy way out use the link i provided to find its coordinates. >exploration>treasure hunting> w/e u found the key

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    most treasures dont have a key, the one u have is just one of those special ones. most people just find the chest/box and they are happy. anyhow where did you got the key? and if you realy want the easy way out use the link i provided to find its coordinates. >exploration>treasure hunting> w/e u found the key
    I think it was in the Fields of the Dead in that second Vanir camp past the entrance; when you cross the second bridge.

I'm not sure, because I was just in there busting heads in the general area and it wasn't after a long while that I popped open my inventory to see what my haul was. I'm wondering if it might have been from that little box of supplies by the fire just to the right, behind that Vanir archer at the barricade, just off the road?

I had looked at your link earlier, but was using my phone and all it showed me was a blank page, saying work in progress. So, I didn't know what to make of it. However, opening it up in a browser showed me the table. Useful!

FotD box / jewelry box (195, 334) vanir camp between foothills and crossroads, need [Dainty Key] from Thrudnir the Mighty. Thrud is a rare spawn in FotD two different spawn spots.

Stongbox Key is Noble Dist / Merchant's Strongbox (850, 964) Castle Approach, need [Strongbox key] @ Andon the First-Spear. Andon spawns straight up from the noble entrance at the upper non-usable gate.

Also Thunder River: Merchant's Strongbox (478, 873) south from Farmlands, Mercenary Chaplains and Occultists camp (lower), need [Strongbox key]

Another key is in Atzels: treasure chest (jewelry box) (748, 783) behind Atzel's Fortress, [Stolen Key] at Olvaldi

and Ard Coast: treasure chest (739, 607) in Red Brotherhood cave [Key to Pirate Treasure] @ Roshanak
    Last edited by Flip--; 21st September 2015 at 20:58.