Thread: Returning Player

Exclamation Returning Player

Greets Folks,

A returning premium player here. Last time I was here was in 2012 so it's been awhile. First off I am big fan of Robert E Howard, that's what drew me here in the first place. As I'm sure most of you...
    I love the stories, the movies...I collect Conan items etc. As far as the game there have been some big improvements, such as the gold spammers are almost non existent I only saw one in the last 3 days.

Now on a negative note the NPH chat....ahemmm,.....by Crom. I asked a question in there "what does UL mean" I had forgotten, and got a bunch of 5 year old school yard BS answers. I feel sorry for a an actual new player that ask a question and gets the same kind of treatment. I would be kind of put off by this example of the community here. So I looked up the answer for myself and figured it out. Long story short I found that for F2P players this is one of the only channels that they have access too. Now I'm not knocking all F2P players here I am sure that 99% are decent people, it just sucks that the 1% give a bad example and can ruin an impression. The old saying goes a first impression is a lasting impression.

Have a good One....

Quote Originally Posted by thordryc View Post
    Greets Folks,

A returning premium player here. Last time I was here was in 2012 so it's been awhile. First off I am big fan of Robert E Howard, that's what drew me here in the first place. As I'm sure most of you...
    I love the stories, the movies...I collect Conan items etc. As far as the game there have been some big improvements, such as the gold spammers are almost non existent I only saw one in the last 3 days.

Now on a negative note the NPH chat....ahemmm,.....by Crom. I asked a question in there "what does UL mean" I had forgotten, and got a bunch of 5 year old school yard BS answers. I feel sorry for a an actual new player that ask a question and gets the same kind of treatment. I would be kind of put off by this example of the community here. So I looked up the answer for myself and figured it out. Long story short I found that for F2P players this is one of the only channels that they have access too. Now I'm not knocking all F2P players here I am sure that 99% are decent people, it just sucks that the 1% give a bad example and can ruin an impression. The old saying goes a first impression is a lasting impression.

Have a good One....
    I am very sorry to hear that=/.
    As far as i know you can get to know a great bunch of people in this game, i know atleast on lvl 80 there are many mature players that team up and has loads of fun togeather☺ your very welcome back to the game☺ hope you will stay and become a known face of hyboria😉
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I've had some very good help from the community.

There is a quest that involves diving to retrieve a mirror in the Wild Lands. I swam out to the spot, but could not click on the mirror to save myself and could not figure it out. At the time, I was not aware of diving.

So, I posted on the chat screen and asked for help. A guy who happened to be nearby responded and very patiently assisted me. I think he finally caught on that I had never heard of diving, and once he figured that out, he told me how to do it and I was able to solve the quest, easy-peasy. Didn't prevent me from being embarrasses as all get out for not knowing such a simple thing.

I think I've only one bad interaction, and it was inconsequential, so I sluffed it off.