Thread: GoDS in PvP

Default GoDS in PvP

I have GoDS4 as opener and, in case I miss, I have GoDS3 in another key. Sometimes I miss both if the opponent is moving and I fail, and it feels like I'm wasting time where I could do other stronger combos. I watched kalston's video of a HV mini on his conq yesterday (from the pvp vids thread in the Fan Art section) and sometimes he missed GoDS and just moved on to do other combos.

Should I do the same and forget about it until it's off cooldown if I miss, instead of going for another rank? I don't know if the GoDS buff is worth the hassle in PvP. A few times where I couldn't land either rank of GoDS, I noticed I still did proper damage with FA's. I'd appreciate the voice of the experts.

You should have gods running constantly honestly (yea I don't always do it perfectly myself ) it's a huge damage buff for all your combos and if you land it on class such as demo they will hurt themselves when they shoot you as well. The combo is also strong in itself when feated so it's often worth doing it. Even when I land gods4 I may use gods3 afterwards because it's a good combo (and it doesn't override the rank 4 of the buff with rank 3 thankfully).

However it's not as fast as the ranks of FA 8 and below which are pretty much instant combos and always hit very hard.

I have changed my keybinds and playstyle a little since my last conq video ^^ using mostly bloodbath 1 now (fast combo and dot hits harder than 2 & 3) and removed one rank of FA and replaced it with gods 3
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Alright then. Thanks! I'll give that BB1 a try.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You should have gods running constantly honestly (yea I don't always do it perfectly myself ) it's a huge damage buff for all your combos and if you land it on class such as demo they will hurt themselves when they shoot you as well. The combo is also strong in itself when feated so it's often worth doing it. Even when I land gods4 I may use gods3 afterwards because it's a good combo (and it doesn't override the rank 4 of the buff with rank 3 thankfully).

However it's not as fast as the ranks of FA 8 and below which are pretty much instant combos and always hit very hard.

I have changed my keybinds and playstyle a little since my last conq video ^^ using mostly bloodbath 1 now (fast combo and dot hits harder than 2 & 3) and removed one rank of FA and replaced it with gods 3
    You want to use GoDs 3. The retributive procs hit harder than gods 4. Funcom logics.
    I don't make points I make dents.

lol really? Never thought about checking that one.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

You can even use GoDS I, same proc damage as III and faster.
    So have I and III in your bottombar.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    ...Even when I land gods4 I may use gods3 afterwards because it's a good combo (and it doesn't override the rank 4 of the buff with rank 3 thankfully)...
    I would say UNfortunately, because the lower rank GoDS' procs do higher dmg. The combo is worth using whenever available, but it will put you at a disadvantage vs barbs with arcane marauder and sins if you have chosen to go with OLP. Tbh GoDS I is the way to go for every carnage conq, since it's gonna be free dmg on 50% incoming dmg.