Thread: How do you activate HM Vanaheim/Heimdall?

Default How do you activate HM Vanaheim/Heimdall?

How do you activate HM Vanaheim/Heimdall? I killed all the bosses and jarls, but I guess that's not it?

You need to get to rank 1 with the Clan Vigdis and purchase the Vanir War Horn from Grimhildr The Collector in Conarch Village. Blow this horn whilst in Conarch Village and it will give you a buff at the top of the screen and the hard-mode quest, which I think is called "The Dark Shadow". When you have this buff and quest and go into the Vanaheim instance you will be in hard-mode.
    One of the quest rewards the first time is a clickable item that gives quite a lot of faction points - called something like "thegn crown", its easy to overlook in the inventory. (well at least it was for me till I nearly sold it)
    I believe if you want to do Vanaheim hard-mode in a group (up to 3), then you all need to be in the group without the buff and one person in the group blows the horn and everyone in the group gets the buff and quest. Just one person in the group needs to have the horn in order to get all into hardmode.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 13th September 2015 at 21:46.

Yes, it can be done solo.

I'm fact, I would only do it solo or with a group of 3, never with 2/3

The horn costs 2g, but is not bop so it can be traded and e-mailed. You don't need to have it in your inventory after you have the hm buff either. I send mine to my alts to save some cash. They can use it even before they are rank 1. So far, have reached rank 4 with 3 toons... shammy, hox and dt, that all finished it in hm solo. One good thing after you have one toon at rank 4, others can buy 5k faction pots for 24 marks of acclaim. Cuts back a lot on number of runs you need to do. Very fun place overall.