Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing school work on Age of Conan, need help!

Default Doing school work on Age of Conan, need help!

Yo! I'm doing an analysis of Age of Conan in my "Norwegian"-course in high school, but I need some help. I need to know when exactly did the development of Age of Conan start? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web, just people mentioning what Age of Conan published of artwork in 2005, but I believe they started earlier on their development (in fact shortly after Anarchy Online), though I could remember wrong.

Anybody?

I might be back for more questions that google can't answer, if I get answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet-of-AoC View Post
    Yo! I'm doing an analysis of Age of Conan in my "Norwegian"-course in high school, but I need some help. I need to know when exactly did the development of Age of Conan start? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web, just people mentioning what Age of Conan published of artwork in 2005, but I believe they started earlier on their development (in fact shortly after Anarchy Online), though I could remember wrong.

Anybody?

I might be back for more questions that google can't answer, if I get answers here.
    Have a look at this:
    http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Development_Translation

The original video doesn't seem to be available anymore, but the transcript and notes state that development was announced in 2003.

You may also want to look at the quarterly reports which are published on FC's investor relations site. When you look at their operating expenditure (which I have compiled here), it looks like the team may have been pretty small at first, but started to grow significantly in the fourth quarter of 2006.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I would suggest that you send Tomium or Sezmra a private message. They would have more access to questions like that and since its game related they might be able to help out quite a bit for your report.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I would suggest that you send Tomium or Sezmra a private message. They would have more access to questions like that and since its game related they might be able to help out quite a bit for your report.
    ANZU might also be a wealth of knowledge and have access to all things related to AOC. try a private message to ANZU

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Why would that be? I'm only a mod
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Why would that be? I'm only a mod
    You're online on these forums every second of the day, so it's safe to assume that you play AoC often. Only a loser would sit around on these forums waiting for a single new post every 4-5 hours, without actually playing the game. So it's easy to come to the conclusion that you're intelligent on matters concerning AoC since you play often.
    Last edited by krippa; 11th September 2015 at 20:33.

And for that I'd answer as a player, not as a mod But he's asking for pre-release information, and I only have what is easily available. I'll see if I can get anything from the CMs though.

As for my forum activity, there's this little Firefox plugin called ReloadEvery. Very useful
    Short cuts make long delays.

Go to the official Age of Conan IRC channel and poke them about it!
    IRC should be popular. Everyone uses those hashes in names to denote IRC channels everywhere on social media. #ageofconan (at irc.funcom.com).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

My first extra question, who on Earth is the new game director? Have they totally stopped having a game director? And in that case, when did that happen?

I knew there were 3 game directors, Gaute, Silirrion, then some other guy... what happened to that third one? Have I missed any in the chronology?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast