Thread: Ya Know What'd Be Cool...

Default Ya Know What'd Be Cool...

If AoC included pick-pocketing.

It would provide a nice motivation for PvP besides merely bashing each other because you can, and would provide a neat in-city activity that accords with the environment. It'd also give a reason for those guards wandering around.

Heck, what good are those guards? Early on, when I first entered the Noble section of Tarantia, I thought I could run to the guards when I had bad guys chasing me, and the guards would do their job and take them out. Boy, did I learn quick.

Anyway, I think it'd be a cool addition, including having NPC pick-pockets.

Weren't guards helping you in the past against mobs but that function was removed ?
    I remember something like that .
    Anyway , unwanted on pvp servers - useless on pve server.

Your suggestion could be part of a new criminal system (a proper one) wich could add a lot of immersion to the game .
    Cross fingers that some big company buys AoC together with the current devs and includes it
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Why should it be unwanted in PvP?

Pickpocketing would, at least, provide a plausible reason for attacking another player.

I wasn't clear enough I guess . This sentence referred to guards which are rather annoying in open world pvp
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I'd love a thieving system. There was originally supposed to be a zone exclusively for the thief class before it was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Heck, what good are those guards? Early on, when I first entered the Noble section of Tarantia, I thought I could run to the guards when I had bad guys chasing me, and the guards would do their job and take them out. Boy, did I learn quick.
    Valar Morgulis!

Hm, i'm pretty sure the Red-Hand-Guards in Tortage are always willing to take out any bad guys
    who are might chasing you - at least on CROM they do. Not sure if the guards in other zones do, tho.
    To be honest, i never ever payed much much attention if they ever did.

Tc
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    I wasn't clear enough I guess . This sentence referred to guards which are rather annoying in open world pvp
    Maybe, I dunno; never played PvP. But, it makes them more than just obstacles getting in the way of movement or as animations taking up resources.