Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utogi's Free Advice for Minigame PVP to Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    Create a 3 vs 3 mode death-match map. Give that mode x2 pvp xp so people can get to rank10. The biggest issues, once players hit 80, get melte down by rank10's they quit the game.
    3v3 map will give more mini games, give players a fast track to pvp gear and it will also create more intimate and fun pvp mini experiences,

You have nothing to lose at this point.
    4v4 or 5v5 would work too. Many fresh 80's get flamed to the point of quitting - many expect the little or no kills.

We could conjecture all day long....don't matter aint gonna happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tecata- View Post
    4v4 or 5v5 would work too. Many fresh 80's get flamed to the point of quitting - many expect the little or no kills.

We could conjecture all day long....don't matter aint gonna happen anyway.
    4vs4 works, the whole idea of the thread is getting something different and new for mini games I can say Ive seen times when 8/12 are signed up for mini game begging for 4 more to sign up.

1vs1 , 3vs3 4vs4 , all the same concept of getting something going to get people to max end game pvp gear without wasting time no one really has anymore. If a new player knew that they could get to a substantially decent pvp set of armor in under 3 weeks, they will probably be retained to play AoC for those three weeks and feel the game has more to offer so the player stays for months finding other players to play with and guilds to join ect. which brings me to a new topic that might be worth posting about "why aren't guilds recruiting players and why cant guilds retain new recruits".

I love all the suggestion posted and any or would be a great improvement to what is currently available.

also:

as a pvp quest:
    mini win 2x camp. tokens + 20 conq. tokens
    mini loose 1 camp. token + 10 conq. tokens

each mini contrybute 10 conq. tokens (is nightmare to get them whitout dig in bori)

In this game level 80 can mean "fresh 80" or it can mean "farmed 80"
    This difference should not exist in minigames.
    A new player showing up in mini for the first time will not have a pleasant experience because of facing players that have significantly higher stats.
    An old player will be bored to play as it's all easy you press 1 button and get a kill.
    Then sly people eventually start looking for the easy prey and it gets even worst you know what I mean.

In other words AA and gear killed pvp.
    Thanks funcom for not seeing (ignoring?) simple facts that farming and pvp simply don't work together, especially in an almost deserted game.
    It brought us this mess we've seen for years with no big change.

And it's even more enraging because I know the core balance at equal gear is actually rather decent and really thought for 6v6.
    If funcom accepts to remove crappy unbalance from pvp (keep it in open world, it's an MMO after all and some people will get mad and leave if they can't gank rofl)
    Then it needs just those 2 things:

1] disable AA in mini OR give a set amount of points equal to all players accessible only during minigames.
    2] give all player of a class the same stats (even better 2-3 variants per class so that different builds are still possible)

Then we can start seeing much better games consistently
    Last edited by RevanCorana; 13th October 2015 at 03:45.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanCorana View Post
    In this game level 80 can mean "fresh 80" or it can mean "farmed 80"
    This difference should not exist in minigames.
    A new player showing up in mini for the first time will not have a pleasant experience because of facing players that have significantly higher stats.
    An old player will be bored to play as it's all easy you press 1 button and get a kill.
    Then sly people eventually start looking for the easy prey and it gets even worst you know what I mean.

In other words AA and gear killed pvp.
    The sad part is, that the exponential power inbalance was completely unnecessary in pvp. PvE gets more fun, if you gain more raw power and can cleave through minions to access higher challenging tiers. PvP does not get better by being able to oneshot people...it gets boring. PvP progression should be less steep and give more options...not only linear raw power.
    Unnecessary because AoC has always had pvp only stats for items. It also had stats working only for raids or pve in the beginning. So a differentation in gear progression would have been possible. Also the AA tree has too many too powerfull passive boni (just compare the 3rd tier passive boni some classes get in their normal or general tree to the basic AA prot boni). A class feat point should always be more worth than 1 AA point, imo.
    [PvP/PvE] Suggestions: Reduce the power of passive AAs, balance the AA to make slotted AA more important than passive ones, make pve AA only work in pve and vice versa for pvp AA, create some pvp tree to let people advance by pvp alone and participation a bit...not only by predefined gear as now.

Not only aa or gear killed pvp, stats did. It is silly that there is only kills / deaths as stats
    Make it look something like this > http://i.imgur.com/mOM4GqL.jpg
    The Law

**edited
    So that this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by Mustaine; 17th December 2015 at 01:01.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Not only aa or gear killed pvp, stats did. It is silly that there is only kills / deaths as stats
    Make it look something like this > http://i.imgur.com/mOM4GqL.jpg
    Tor did it right. Stats for defending positions, capping objections, healing, guarding teammates, individual kills and kill assist. You were rewarded for playing your class role.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Smite score chart is good for a game where heroes are balanced per role as in any MOBA. In AoC you have soldier classes like conquerors that can heal themselves more than a priest could, tank damage in heavy armor with bubbles (invincibility, self heal on incoming physical damage) and the biggest health pool while being amongst the top in DD with the help of instant CC's, an average player could easily top the overall chart most of the time under those circumstances.

However, Ymir in Smite is a great example of a balanced tank archetype hero requiring battle awareness, timing and skill to be sucessful AND useful to the team while not being over simplistic and self rewarding as in soldier class like conquerors in AoC.
    Last edited by lolipope; 16th October 2015 at 05:05.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    Smite score chart is good for a game where heroes are balanced per role as in any MOBA. In AoC you have soldier classes like conquerors that can heal themselves more than a priest could, tank damage in heavy armor with bubbles (invincibility, self heal on incoming physical damage) and the biggest health pool while being amongst the top in DD with the help of instant CC's, an average player could easily top the overall chart most of the time under those circumstances.

However, Ymir in Smite is a great example of a balanced tank archetype hero requiring battle awareness, timing and skill to be sucessful AND useful to the team while not being over simplistic and self rewarding as in soldier class like conquerors in AoC.
    Just made an example of what stat list could look like, ofc it would take some work, but If I remember correctly, the self healing does not count as "player healing" in smite. Might be wrong not sure
    The Law

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast