Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utogi's Free Advice for Minigame PVP to Funcom

Default Utogi's Free Advice for Minigame PVP to Funcom

Create a 3 vs 3 mode death-match map. Give that mode x2 pvp xp so people can get to rank10. The biggest issues, once players hit 80, get melte down by rank10's they quit the game.
    3v3 map will give more mini games, give players a fast track to pvp gear and it will also create more intimate and fun pvp mini experiences,

You have nothing to lose at this point.

Why?

What is the contextual reason for the combat? Why are the combatants fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Why?

What is the contextual reason for the combat? Why are the combatants fighting?
    over thinking it will get this community nowhere fast, Just do it.
    Last edited by Utogi; 8th September 2015 at 17:31.

x2 barb + pom, great idea every "match" flawless victory
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    imagine the premades...

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Shouldn't 3x conquerors win this easy? Or 2x DT + pom? with the latest pve equipment and no heavy magic damage, soldiers should reign supreme in burst dps, cc/anticc and survivability unless i miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    Shouldn't 3x conquerors win this easy? Or 2x DT + pom? with the latest pve equipment and no heavy magic damage, soldiers should reign supreme in burst dps, cc/anticc and survivability unless i miss something.
    I play on fury no pve sets, I were also imagining a bit more open area where barbs can just run full speed with pom heals critting AM to them, while doing bone shatter in air
    Dt is not really a problem for barb, and even less with finely honed removing vom
    conqs work for sure just barbs are more annoying
    The Law

Id think 4 v 4 would make more sense where each Archetype is represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    over thinking it will get this community nowhere fast, Just do it.

You should actually try that "thinking" part at least for once before you write something, that way you could realize that 3v3 would make the gap between veteran players and lowbies even wider. I mean, in 6 vs 6 fight, the lowbie still has pretty high chance to win, because he is just 1 out of 6. In 3 vs 3? No way. Unless there is another lowbie in the opposite group, its pretty much a certain defeat, like 9 out 10 certain. So I really dont see how this could help lowbies.

One thing the Funcom could do to improve the balance is completely remove any pvp lvl restrictions on pvp T1 gear.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post

One thing the Funcom could do to improve the balance is completely remove any pvp lvl restrictions on pvp T1 gear.
    This. Or another cheap gear copy with similar but less stats as t0.

And to further help, they could remove the resspadfarmpatch and forced ressup at least in minis, which allow for 24/7 farming of weaker chars, where the only countermeasure is quitting (and thus loosing ALL rewards as lowbie -> wasted time, no fun).

Also reflecting the real power of chars in the xp rewards would make sense, e.g. a pvp10 equipped (!, not just being lvl10) would have to yield a lot more xp or even more kill notches than one fresh green geared 80.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast