Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Khitai spec for 6 mans :)

I tend to draw aggro on whatever class I am playing , be it good tanks or not . Therefore it is nice to have a buuble and the dps output is still very high
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Starting out as a new Tos, its better to spec the bubble incase you get over zealous and pull too many. Obviously with the cooldown of the bubble its for an oh-crap moment. With 2 specs though, its easy to try different things based on your playstyle.

Some of the things I didn't see mentioned, are to make use of your Stun (Cobra Stare) and Root (Quicksand). These give you time to get your attacks and debuffs going. I always seem to be in the situation where I have several mobs and SF is on its last tick or green heal is magically expired.

The Tos is the best buff, debuff, heal and dps machine class in the game. Its very strong in aoe attack and versatile, but easily killed especially if you pull too many Khitai mobs.

I prefer Fangs build for most encounters, however you have to remember Fangs does nothing against caster mobs.

One major thing I notice in pug raids/groups... Toses that do not spec Coalesce Ether. This is a tremendous help for all Mana users including the Tos itself. I tend to ask them if they can change feats to get it and 99% of the time receive no answer. Do people not read tells or raid chat? I honestly can't believe what people spec other than this? General tree Lol. Its very sad that majority of pug Tos raiders do not spec this very important feat line.

Best thing to do as a new Tos, is to try different feat specs for awhile then either try another or adjust based on your playstyle or the encounter. This way the spec will fit the way you play.
    Last edited by Halfdead; 8th September 2015 at 16:32.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I dont know if it has been mentioned already, but i cant stress the importance of feating and using your idol of set as much as possible for mana regen. As a undergeared tos you will have mana issues if you dont keep your idol on cd.

Default Very solid advice

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Hey
    This would be my pve spec http://goo.gl/y9POc1

One arguable feat is probably "Faithful in Set" but i like as it will improve your blue heals by 10% without having to do much.

About rotation : Well i dont have a very strict rotation but there are a few things to watch.
    Usually i start a fight like this : Storm Crown , Blue heal , Idol of set , Thunderhead , Storm field , green heal
    After this use Charged blast , lightning sparks , vital shock ...

Keep always on cooldown : Storm field , thunderhead , idol of set storm crown and the green heal
    Give the tank some time to build aggro before casting Aura of Nebthu together with Storm field to further increase your dps (maybe at second usage of Storm field but depends on the tank ofc)
    Vital shock is very nice as its hits will return HP , Mana + stamina to every friendly player around the target.

Your blue heals are a good source of dps as well and unlike PoMs you wont get into big mana troubles when you use them every few seconds
    If you find yourself ever out of mana just use "Blood Mana" preferrably together with Storm field and Aura of nebthu and your mana pool will be full again in no time .

And dont ever use lighting strike , except you cant reach the target like in entity , but iirc correctly there is not a single HM encounter where you wont reach the boss so dont even take it on your hotkey-bar

About AAs : Decisive + pressing strikes as usual
    Steadfast Faith will be needed for some encounters so get it fast
    Enchanter

About the gold perk it is up to you what you will go for first:
    The Idol is an additional big heal (even decent without much heal rating) , but does very little dps and should get to the 4th stack before being used (stays up for 1 minute)

Coils of the Serpent is the second one I would recommend it will give you more than decent extra burst and will most likely get you aggro in no time if used together with Storm Field and Nebthu

hope that could help you a bit ^^
    Good call here slackJ, I have to agree with you on this. Being a returning player myself, I am having to relearn all my toons. And a ton of stuff has changed in the last 4 years... I am personally going to try your rotation, I been playing my TOS, and things just have NOT felt"right" on my rotations. I'll let you know how it goes, got a 6 man party that wants to stick together so we will see...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12