Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadows of Vanaheim expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    I've only done Vanaheim solo but based on what I read/hear... and I could be totally wrong of course:

It's meant for three people therefore doing it solo absolutely is going to take a long time. Three should rip through it in short order especially once they're familiar with it. The adds were meant for three people and as such are going to be a bit much for two unless they are very well geared. Obviously you don't get the adds at all solo. The npcs themselves will kill Heimdall, eventually, as long as you can kite him without dying which I'd say is a questionable mechanic in itself but does make it possible even with a poorly geared and/or otherwise weak character. Also you get 6 rare trophies for beating it on hard mode.

Short version: You're trying to do something meant for three people with only two. Sort of like attempting Khitai hard mode dungeons with four people instead of a full group.
    Funcom has said that the instances scale based on how many people are in it. So it scales up for 2 people, and up again for 3. So it was designed to be done solo, with only 2, or with only 3 people. The problem people face is that it isn't quite balanced properly for 2 players. Currently, it is hardest when done with only 2 people.

And I also agree with GeneralFear in that I enjoy this content too.

@ Moderation:

I suggest merging this thread with this one:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...-mean-Vanaheim

@ topic
    Some suggestions to improve the Vanaheim experience without too much effort:
    - Change the faction totem from "bind on pickup" to "unbound".
    - Double faction gain from totems.
    - Change the add spawn numbers on the final boss: 1 add for two-person-groups, 3 adds for three-person-groups.
    - Allow us to heal the friendly Cimmerians in the final fight.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Vanaheim:
    We must face the facts: the Vanaheim quest (unchained) is not the quest of the island of iron statues.
    The quest of the island of iron statues can be done in 15 to 20 minutes max to win 4 or 5 rare tokens.
    This is not the case of the Vanaheim's boss (unchained) who needs long time.
    In addition, the Vanaheim has a faction to mount.
    But what is the point to go up this faction? Where is the motivation? no epic loot in vanaheim, no epic item from the merchant.

With my DT (but it's the same for all classes) there is no interest, no good epic item I can hope....which can motivate me to go up this faction. The pve tank's ring (merchant) is not a dt ring.
    And if it is to win some tokens, the island of the iron statues is much faster.
    Funcom plz: add 1 epic loot* when the boss (unchained) is killed or at least put rings or necklaces T4 level at the merchant (with stats for all classes !!!).
    The Vanaheim is an extension with qualities, why spoil the table with restrictions as ugly ?
    Do something in order to interest players...

* or just a probability 1/4 to have one !
    FURY

Thumbs down

i recently bought this found it mildly entertaining full of small bugs and overpriced, for the amount of content offered this should have been free content for subscribers.
    the loot provided by faction vendors is highly unsatisfying and the faction itself is insainly grindy and overall unrewarding, also the lvl39 chests are a joke to reward a miniscule amount of players who do lvl39 minigames who cant do the faction grind to get the chests else they risk lvling up and not having any use for the chests.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

On a side note : Lvl 39 minigames have been absolutely dead for way more than 1 year now . If the gear was intended for lvl39 pvp then clearly no one from funcom is checking AoC servers
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12