Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Master of the Trials

Firstly, if it was 2010 now there would be way more people interested in doing trials and any type of challenging content but those days are gone, many real players left long ago due to no content development.

Secondly, effort/time vs reward ratio for trials is non existent and of course there is not so many us doing it.
    Imagine if it was rewarded properly there would be so many whining to nerf them into the ground cause somehow they all feel entitled to have everything just cause they are subscribed without even playing the game.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    You obviously have never tried Den veteran/master.

As for the master timers overall, we miss the same than the other groups, den, IT and caravan.
    But i'm afraid not much is going to change about it, because the last time i reported the issues with those dungeons and their master timer, the dev said they could eventually have a look at it but it was not planned.
    So basically they don't care, and since there are only maybe 15 players on the entire server who seriously try those master timers, nothing will change.
    I have done the Den veteran timer this way, but master timer seems doable if everything goes right meaning healer and dps stay alive. Remember that your way isn't the only way to do trials. I wish more people were interested in doing serious master timers, unfortunately like you said only a dozen or so people are.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 13th August 2015 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    I wish more people were interested in doing serious master timers, unfortunately like you said only a dozen or so people are.
    I agree, but I think the case would be totally different if trials would give some proper rewards even some cool vanity items, pets or mounts and not just titles. People want rewards, look at the world bosses, they are so shitty and boring yet people do them like crazy just cause of loot, sad but true.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

I sent a private message on TL to Cirith a while ago asking for reward regarding raids and dungeons, i was thinking about items like the karma curio and gadgets in TSW.

The response was that it is a possiblity but they would need to think about it and it is not planned. The reasoning is that the rewards linked to the achievements system need to stay at the entry level, to address the majority of the population, and not the very small hardcore part of it.
    So basically they are against power rewards that would only be accessible to hardcore raiders playing over developed characters.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I sent a private message on TL to Cirith a while ago asking for reward regarding raids and dungeons, i was thinking about items like the karma curio and gadgets in TSW.

The response was that it is a possiblity but they would need to think about it and it is not planned. The reasoning is that the rewards linked to the achievements system need to stay at the entry level, to address the majority of the population, and not the very small hardcore part of it.
    So basically they are against power rewards that would only be accessible to hardcore raiders playing over developed characters.
    That's also what he said in Slith's interview. It's a good point, but I think there should still be some additional, more visible reward (than a title) for completing particularly hard achievements. Personally, I like the idea of special mounts (not necessarily an entirely new model, but distinctive enough to be easily identified). Just wondering whether that would be feasible given FC's resource constraints.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    ... I wish more people were interested in doing serious master timers, unfortunately like you said only a dozen or so people are.
    I bet there is quiet some number of palyers who want to try out beating master timers but they just don't have the gear / skill to do it. Me for example: I would really love to try some master timers in several dungeons but my playstyle is just not good enough to compete with really good players, neither is my gear good enough since I don't have enough time for high end raids like T4 or T5.

The title "Master of the Trials" is something only a few players can achieve and I am completely OK with it, its some kind of prestige to have this title - and it's reserved for those who mastered their playstyle / teamwork. But I agree that there should be a bit more that just a title as a reward.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123