Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a single target conflagration

Shax!

It is a lvl54 Demo and you are talking about Sheng doors, and Thunderclap. Have you got this?
    Last edited by Vyky; 6th August 2015 at 14:23.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    Shax!

It is a lvl54 Demo and you are talking about Sheng doors, and Thunderclap. Have you got this?
    OP is lvl 80, did T4 with Fat Goats a while back. Herpo hijacked and asked for his 54 demo that I sent him link to demo levelling builds thread.

Default TY

I was out for a while (holidays!!!) and I would like to thank you for the advice, I will follow them for sure.
    Thank you again
    I put a SPELL on you

I have good gear on my demo and all the bells and whistles in my aa three, but i am a casuel demo player. If i dont have a tos in group i always have mana issues.

Any suggestion on a decent dps build where mana is good? It dosnt have to be the best dps, aslong as i have enough mana and can spellweave. My gear has good dps and crits anyway.
    My demo is mostly used for T4/T5 and the more demanding 6 men instances.
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Afraid thats just how it is. Remembering to eat pots before going up in spellweave helps of course. Earth Recharge, Overload and Demon Heart of Chatha should always be feated. Dropping Bindings of the Skylord in a rotation saves 3k mana per minute, so that helps a bit too. Consume Flames helps a bit too, but more worth the bigger mana pool you got and you got to use it at stack 5 of Incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhood View Post
    I have good gear on my demo and all the bells and whistles in my aa three, but i am a casuel demo player. If i dont have a tos in group i always have mana issues.

Any suggestion on a decent dps build where mana is good? It dosnt have to be the best dps, aslong as i have enough mana and can spellweave. My gear has good dps and crits anyway.
    My demo is mostly used for T4/T5 and the more demanding 6 men instances.
    Try something like this http://goo.gl/KDrjLg

The trick with mana management when you dont have other classes in your group helping is to be on top of it, dont wait to the last second and think oh ****, I've run out of mana. Take note of your SW debuffs in case you get the mana drain one and also be smart with the spells you cast when you have the crit buff as they cost a lot more mana, for the love of God dont cast Caotic Blast when you have the SW Crit buff

As for the feats:
    Consume flames - this great for mana management, it has a cd of 20 seconds and with 5 stacks of incinerate returns around 1k of mana. Use this just before you cast waves of flame in your rotation to minimise the dps loss from consuming incinerate stacks.

Overloard - 25% of your Shoackstrike/FoG/shock/hellfirestream cast for free, no brainer

Circle of Magic - be aware of when you are able to hit multiple targets, its most affective using this then (Yak adds, good example)

Hellwave - free helfire stream casts, dependant on your crit rating but if it is even half decent you should see a good enough return on investing in this feat.

Demon Heart of Chatha - self explanatory

As I said earlier the biggest factor in successful mana management is being on top of it, being proactive and not reactive.

Hope this is useful
    Last edited by Darm; 25th August 2015 at 13:33.

Decent build. But adding Earth Recharge makes Hellfire Stream and Shock feed back some mana too. Shockstrike splash feat has it's limited uses. Hellwave is fine as long as not using Hand of Doom, but mana is never a problem when not using Hand of Doom anyway. If Hellwave is feated, you save 206 mana off the 626 cost of Hand of Doom version of it, so it will still cost 420 mana. At least it used to be like that, have not feated Hellwave in a while now.

Mana will be a major pain as long as there is no ToS with Coalesce Ether and Blood Mana in group. PoM with Light of Mitra helps a bit, BS with Ether Theft helps a bit, but it is far between those raiders. And then there is the negative buffs from spellweaving. If you stack up and take damage, with a few frailty stacks, and proc Demonic Payment, and there is medium amount of mana left, and you got some Ether Drain, ****'s on the fan man! I counter that situation with some 1G potions, but it becomes expensive to make that a regular habit.
    Last edited by Shax84; 26th August 2015 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Decent build. But adding Earth Recharge makes Hellfire Stream and Shock feed back some mana too. Shockstrike splash feat has it's limited uses. Hellwave is fine as long as not using Hand of God, but mana is never a problem when not using Hand of God anyway. If Hellwave is feated, you save 206 mana off the 626 cost of Hand of Doom version of it, so it will still cost 420 mana. At least it used to be like that, have not feated Hellwave in a while now.

Mana will be a major pain as long as there is no ToS with Coalesce Ether and Blood Mana in group. PoM with Light of Mitra helps a bit, BS with Ether Theft helps a bit, but it is far between those raiders. And then there is the negative buffs from spellweaving. If you stack up and take damage, with a few frailty stacks, and proc Demonic Payment, and there is medium amount of mana left, and you got some Ether Drain, ****'s on the fan man! I counter that situation with some 1G potions, but it becomes expensive to make that a regular habit.
    I like the SS Splash and Chained SS feats, work really well when there is 2-3 mobs bunched close together, in terms of high end raiding, yea limited application, but i prefer to have them feated because outside of raiding they become more useful more often. I have never really liked Earth Recharge, In my opinion it really doesnt give back enough for 5 feat points.

If you are dead set on earth recharge then you can use http://goo.gl/RNWZZr

I agree with you, Earth Recharge isn't very good, but better than a splash feat that is useless 95% of the time, only on trash mobs. If you are going to get one PvE feat build for both solo and raids, I see your point.

Multispec though, and to buy more specs from the shop...

A bunch of numbers spam again. The solution is pretty simple. Buy a blue pot for mana regeneration from the store (cheap at 80 Funcom points, lasts 4 hours). Train Archfiend to be 5/5 in passive AA. Fully feat Overload. Between Archfiend, Overload, a fully feated Demon Heart, and a smartly used Circle of Magic, you won't run out of mana.

Also, spamming HFS and Shock is what drains your mana the most, you can slow up on that. And it's Hand of DOOM, not Hand of God. You can also use esteem tokens to buy better mana pots that cost nothing but the tokens.
    Last edited by Suctum; 26th August 2015 at 15:48.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast