Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Tiger Pet or Mount?

Default War Tiger Pet or Mount?

I see my War Tiger from Tamarin does about 75% of the DoT tick of Deadly Draw in white numbers, but not so much in dropping the HP of foes. I have a Swift Horse, what does the Tiger mount do better? Travel while stealthed? I have a buff pet too that is good. Would be nice to have the tiger mount and go train another to be a War Tiger, but seems you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    train another to be a War Tiger, but seems you can't.
    Not entirely true.

But I like the tiger mount more than the horse. Maybe it's just me, but the tiger seems to handle better. The horse movement always felt clunky.
    I don't make points I make dents.

How do you get a second Tiger?
    You can only get a combat pet tiger from Tamarins faction.
    But you can get tiger mounts from several diffrent sources: pvp vendor, T4 drop, subscription offer.
    The only difference between Tamarins tiger and other tigers is visual and only Tamarins can stealth.
    Retired

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    You can only get a combat pet tiger from Tamarins faction. ...
    not true ... you'll get a pet tiger that you need to feed to get stronger and teach it certain things to become a useful combat pet
    once u hit tiger faction rank4, you'll get the option from Tamarin to turn the combat pet into a mount!

...and if u managed to get more than only one pet cub in that sacred jungle, I guess you can have multiple tiger mounts, multiple tiger combat pets or both at the same time

/Yorgo

p.s.
    don't ask *how* to get more than one tiger pets, I won't answer this - but it should be obvious ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    not true ... you'll get a pet tiger that you need to feed to get stronger and teach it certain things to become a useful combat pet
    once u hit tiger faction rank4, you'll get the option from Tamarin to turn the combat pet into a mount!

...and if u managed to get more than only one pet cub in that sacred jungle, I guess you can have multiple tiger mounts, multiple tiger combat pets or both at the same time

/Yorgo

p.s.
    don't ask *how* to get more than one tiger pets, I won't answer this - but it should be obvious ;-)
    I think you are confused, The faction pet is the only combat tiger you can obtain. It starts as a combat pet which you have to do various quests to advance it. At the end,you are given a choice if you would like to keep it as a combat pet or turn it into a mount. Yes, there is a way you can have multiple versions of the pet and make this choice multiple times, but that does not change the fact that the faction pet remains the only tiger combat pet in game.

Tiger mounts you can obtain in other ways, through t4 boss drops, bought in the store, and Funcom gave out a free one at one time as compensation for play time issues. All these tigers do not stealth as the faction mount can. Also, there is a little white tiger pet you can buy in the store, but it's simply a social pet, not a combat pet.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I think you are confused, The faction pet is the only combat tiger you can obtain. It starts as a combat pet which you have to do various quests to advance it. At the end,you are given a choice if you would like to keep it as a combat pet or turn it into a mount. Yes, there is a way you can have multiple versions of the pet and make this choice multiple times, but that does not change the fact that the faction pet remains the only tiger combat pet in game.

Tiger mounts you can obtain in other ways, through t4 boss drops, bought in the store, and Funcom gave out a free one at one time as compensation for play time issues. All these tigers do not stealth as the faction mount can. Also, there is a little white tiger pet you can buy in the store, but it's simply a social pet, not a combat pet.
    So I can go back to Tamarin at a later time and redo the Tiger quest for the War Tiger pet if I choose to make the first a mount?

So I can go back to Tamarin at a later time and redo the Tiger quest for the War Tiger pet if I choose to make the first a mount?
    Yes and no. I will not discuss possible exploits. It is possible to have a mount and fully trained combat pet though.
    Doomsayer 2008

I just went with the Tiger mount. Looking at the combat text, the War Tiger did insignificant damage so it's really just for show. Tiger mount though is very helpful.

I just went with the Tiger mount. Looking at the combat text, the War Tiger did insignificant damage so it's really just for show. Tiger mount though is very helpful.
    actually I find any of those combat-able pets (including the class pet from Demo - which as well only does minor damage) priceless for pulling ;-)
    e.g for the Demo pet: if one did not enable splash damage for the pet, it almost always can pull a single mob out of a group without any other of the group even noticing...
    - try this with any of the spells
    (furthermore, the pet has by far a wider attack range! ...and it constantly attacks the mob already on its way towards me, so when it comes into reach, it already lost some HPs)

and when I play Conq - I use 2HE plus DW in the alternative slot as any Conq should; so I can not equip Crossbow for pulling... just sending-in the pet is the perfect range puller

p.s.
    still the Tiger is better as a Mount, no doubt on this - no other mount is able to stealth; but then there is the Wolf combat pet - you dont need two Khitai mounts

p.p.s.
    but since the achievement pets don't stack with the wolf/tiger/any-other combat pet, it's questionable to spent the effort to get any of those - just go for the achievement pet and you're done...
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 25th August 2015 at 16:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast