Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fury Minigames "New signup system"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I merely playing devils advocate and giving some perspective on what/why a player may be acting in a particular way. I never said I was an advocate; which I believe you and others are thinking.

PM you my toon name? And have you and others troll me in-game; no thank you.
    Well if that's the case, then your base argument is that it's ok for us to be trolled but not you. I rest my case.
    Doomsayer 2008

What he's saying is:

Since you can't do anything about it, why should you be so pissed about it?

It was already said recently by someone else, but I'll say it again here: if there's an afk troll in your mini, send a tell to the other team and balance things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    What he's saying is:

Since you can't do anything about it, why should you be so pissed about
    Thank You ~ not sure they still "get it tho".
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Internet trolls are no universal rule or comparable to bad weather where you can't do anything against it
    Nephturi you obviously don't do any pvp
    And thinking one of the other team will afk too is pretty naive

This is leading to nowhere , someone close this thread please
    Points have been made , everything else now is useless
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Internet trolls are no universal rule or comparable to bad weather where you can't do anything against it

I agree, the people defending the trolls or the logic behind what drives them have just derailed the usefulness if this thread. My last point: do not comment on PvP unless you do it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post

It's so obvious that I used to contact the other team or stand aside myself back in the day on Stygia It's not being naive, it's being smart enough to prevent a troll its petty satisfaction by cooperating with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I agree, the people defending the trolls or the logic behind what drives them have just derailed the usefulness if this thread. My last point: do not comment on PvP unless you do it.
    We're just talking ~ simmer down ~ you're going to end up with an aneurysm before you're time.

OP made a quick statement about putting an [X] in Global to assure mini participants. You could also make this more efficient by having mini-night in-guild or just develop a small guild where players could park some PvP toons and do something in that same spirit.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    PM you my toon name? And have you and others troll me in-game; no thank you.
    That's gold, lol. And no you can't really "see" players before joining a mini and harmlessly refuse it, often people like those trolls will accept the pop up at the very last second so they can't be seen. Also, you can't see the other team before you're in the instance. And the auto balance might swap players from one team to another before it actually starts (even when players are actually IN the instance and can't leave anymore without getting coward's shame + streak loss)

You are getting nowhere with your babbling and clearly have no idea about pvp.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That's gold, lol. And no you can't really "see" players before joining a mini and harmlessly refuse it, often people like those trolls will accept the pop up at the very last second so they can't be seen.
    Are you sure ? I might be wrong but i think you appear in the mini-game list from the moment you've got the pop-up and not after you've accepted it.
    But either way even if you can do this, to avoid one of those trolls he has to be in an other mini than you. So he might not be pissing you off but he is pissing off someone else. As for talking to people to even the odds. It worked when there was communication between players. But 5 years off pug have rendered communication scarce.

That being said, i like the Op's idea and to counter funcoms new system splitting groups at the end of each minis: get the 12 guys to use the tournament mini sign-up.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

The way I think it works is if you have the popup on your screen to accept a mini you re-open the pvp window. You then see the list (classes+names) of people that got the invite for that mini.

When setup is no fun at all like 6 soldiers and 4 necros/rangers without any healers, I sometimes decline invite and find another mini without getting cowards shame (I do feel a bit like a coward tho ).

If more (or all) players would do this and decline their invites if they see this notorious troll he would always end up in nearly empty minis and the people that actually want to play can start a new one.

If course it is rediculous to say Funcom should not act against this kind of behaviour because it is not in their EULA. If their rules give them no power to punish bad behaviour that actually hurts their playerbase (and therefore their game and turnover) their rules are flawed and need to be changed.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 4th August 2015 at 09:23.