Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Overpowered PVP EXP Gain (PLS NERF)

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Jesus Christ... Not once did the other barb teleport on Balacai's screen. Not once was the hit box somewhere else than the actual character on screen. Seems like us Europeans got Age of Conan Version 0.5, lol. Last time I dueled someone in arena it was a teleport fest the likes of which would indicate I was still using my 36.6k modem in the late 90ties.
    Anyway, for the t1 vs t3 all discussion, I would prefer it you used absolute values, not the relative, as they are extremely misleading. +121"random" rating is pretty much 3.4ish% more of that stat.
    Something is weird with the synchronizing algorithm...at least when it comes to priorities. Other games (even old aoc: back in the days you could queue actions in keyboard and the game remembered during lag...now the engine tends to ignore and forget commands, especially if someone "important" did other things) do or did it better imo.
    If you want a visual presentation get a friend or second pc/laptop in the same room and play in the arena...try one char standing still trying to hit another running past. Even in 1 vs 1 you notice a visible difference on both screens. Now imagine the same code with group fights involving people all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Edit by Anzu: I, for one, am French, and I assure you I read and speak English just fine. Any attempt to debase a player or group of players solely because of their nationality will be infracted.

funny isn't it that pvp mini games "died" after they removed friend sign up, and it would not be "one sided" if they let us sign with 1-2 friends, I am sure the OPPOSITE TEAM has also 1-2 friends going together yes? yes pvp is played for fun and to compete, I do not sign mini games to wait my cd's go off from monastery or cus i got nothing better to do, and how exactly U have fun in mini game when u are CARRYING your whole team because they are all ignorant nabs that got no god damn clue what they doing.

"leave something for casuals" please, even if they play once a month they should know how to use radar, how their class works (how did they reach 80 if they don't. i wonder) they should know better not to attack conq which CLEARLY heals when u hit him? would it not be more idea to kill that demo behind him in spell weave nuking your whole group? tbh, has nothing to do with skill or being casual, has just to do with COMMON SENSE which seems to be dead in most people.
    A bit off topic....

OK, say you're in HV....you run around a corner and see that useless POS noob on your team fighting a conq....so maybe he attacked first, maybe the conq did. Regardless you flame away....
    Then you turn another corner and you see yet another useless noob on your team in hide, maybe he is a rogue, who tend to do that, BUT then you get attacked - damn useless noob should have at least seen that guy coming for me. So you flame away....

Rinse & repeat.

It's all a matter of perspective. How can ANYONE not know how to swim or ride a bicycle? I've been doing it forever....it so EASY. Just like knowing who to attack and not attack in minis....

Yes, many casual players are useless noobs that make you grind your teeth whenever you see them on your team before the mini starts.

Live with it.....or flame them away .... and continue to fight with only the other pvp gods - who will eventually leave anyway for things like RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Something is weird with the synchronizing algorithm...at least when it comes to priorities. Other games (even old aoc: back in the days you could queue actions in keyboard and the game remembered during lag...now the engine tends to ignore and forget commands, especially if someone "important" did other things) do or did it better imo.
    If you want a visual presentation get a friend or second pc/laptop in the same room and play in the arena...try one char standing still trying to hit another running past. Even in 1 vs 1 you notice a visible difference on both screens. Now imagine the same code with group fights involving people all over the world.
    Unfortunately my pals don't play the game, but no worries, I will believe something is wrong Even much more so since the game sometimes insists on interrupting my own WHITE hits, which I know is completely due to lag, but still, weirds me out. It'd be like playing the piano and suddenly one of the keys not making any sound. You'd hesitate for a split second and keep on playing, but it'd just ruin the entire piece :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Tecata- View Post
    A bit off topic....

OK, say you're in HV....you run around a corner and see that useless POS noob on your team fighting a conq....so maybe he attacked first, maybe the conq did. Regardless you flame away....
    Then you turn another corner and you see yet another useless noob on your team in hide, maybe he is a rogue, who tend to do that, BUT then you get attacked - damn useless noob should have at least seen that guy coming for me. So you flame away....

Rinse & repeat.

It's all a matter of perspective. How can ANYONE not know how to swim or ride a bicycle? I've been doing it forever....it so EASY. Just like knowing who to attack and not attack in minis....

Yes, many casual players are useless noobs that make you grind your teeth whenever you see them on your team before the mini starts.

Live with it.....or flame them away .... and continue to fight with only the other pvp gods - who will eventually leave anyway for things like RL.

Just wrote a god damn novel for you, but decided to make it shorter.
    1. There is not a player I do not know on fury, I do know most of them in crom too, when I see certain player I know if it is a lose or win mini, and skills got nothing to do with how long you played this game, I know guy that is not that old, maybe year in aoc, and he play better than most of the server, and not that often even, with one or two class, and he still know not to hit a god damn conq who has bubble, most of things have nothing to do with skills, only thing you need when u play this game is decent connection / common sense in your head.
    The Law

This thread deserves a proper conclusion.

Here it is. Way to go.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

The thing is even WoW (which is the most pve oriented of mmo's though not to say AoC isn't in the top 5 nowadays..) has a strict anti-cheat policy with active gm's and detection system, a separated ranked arena/battleground and random queue, a player/team rank/stat scoreboard viewable on the web and a regular metagame inspection.

What i see above is not only all that but a brand new soft capped "unchained pvp" and 2 new maps. This time around maybe funcom will do it since WoW more or less copied what they promised and never realised for a long time now...

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    The thing is even WoW (which is the most pve oriented of mmo's though not to say AoC isn't in the top 5 nowadays..) has a strict anti-cheat policy with active gm's and detection system, a separated ranked arena/battleground and random queue, a player/team rank/stat scoreboard viewable on the web and a regular metagame inspection.

What i see above is not only all that but a brand new soft capped "unchained pvp" and 2 new maps. This time around maybe funcom will do it since WoW more or less copied what they promised and never realised for a long time now...
    They also have PVP buddy sign-up ques. Crazy how that works. Even a primarily PVE game has PVP more figured out than AOC
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    he still gets wrekt by 2 day old tortage geared 80 level toon with gear or not, gear is just excuse bad players use,
    they whine that its gear when they got bad gear, once they farm full t3 pvp set they still lose, and whine about cheats. That is how their mindset go
    omg yes!

its been really bad lately, hack qq every single damn mini.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789