Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where can I watch the finesse bufs of the DT?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Why is a DT good if he skips UB but a pom is bad if he doesn't use rebuke? It's not like rebuke is a good dps skill either; in fact the combos that provide debuffs and are worth using when the debuff's already applied are the exceptions rather than the rule.
    Because rebuke is a .50 cast, the debuff is just an extra. There is plenty of room to fit such a quick cast into your rotation while waiting on other abilities/spells to come up. UB is completely different.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Because rebuke is a .50 cast, the debuff is just an extra. There is plenty of room to fit such a quick cast into your rotation while waiting on other abilities/spells to come up. UB is completely different.
    Smite and Lance of Mitra are always up, and considering Rebuke's high mana cost (which actually matters in situations where you can't spellweave unless you're T4 geared or better) and low damage, it's a dps loss to use it if the debuff is already applied. I fail to understand how "the debuff is just an extra" - that implies that you'd cast Rebuke sometimes even if it didn't apply a debuff at all.

Smite and Lance of Mitra are always up, and considering Rebuke's high mana cost (which actually matters in situations where you can't spellweave unless you're T4 geared or better) and low damage, it's a dps loss to use it if the debuff is already applied. I fail to understand how "the debuff is just an extra" - that implies that you'd cast Rebuke sometimes even if it didn't apply a debuff at all.
    Well if your running veangence rebuke is instant every2 minute, not to mention it's easily cast between mse and cleansing fire cooldowns. It's absolutely not a dps loss. Lance? Lol, you don't need that trash for every encounter. Rebuke is not all that bad, where are you getting your information.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Well if your running veangence rebuke is instant every2 minute, not to mention it's easily cast between mse and cleansing fire cooldowns. It's absolutely not a dps loss. Lance? Lol, you don't need that trash for every encounter. Rebuke is not all that bad, where are you getting your information.
    Thanks for replying, was genuinely curious as I don't main a pom and haven't used a full vengeance spec for more than some tests. My information is from my intuition when playing holy cleansing/condemnation builds in mostly unchained gear, where rebuke feels like a low damage, high mana cost skill which is only useful for keeping up the debuff, and I try not to use it in raid situations where others keep it up anyhow. I don't really buy that using it in the window between priority skills coming off cooldown is worth it, even if you play that meticulously it probably wouldn't result in a perceptible dps increase from spending an extra second casting the higher dps skills like smite or lance.

And some of the poms in my guild swear by lance and do quite well on the meters, not healbots at all.

Why is a DT good if he skips UB but a pom is bad if he doesn't use rebuke? It's not like rebuke is a good dps skill either; in fact the combos that provide debuffs and are worth using when the debuff's already applied are the exceptions rather than the rule.
    Depends on the fight, really. In raids I take care of activating life taps, then UB. So would that be considered "skipping" it? idk.

But to answer your original question you'll have to ask a t5 dt with loose lips, most t5 people are pretty secretive for some reason. They even run away if they feel you trying to take a screenshot of their character.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    But to answer your original question you'll have to ask a t5 dt with loose lips, most t5 people are pretty secretive for some reason. They even run away if they feel you trying to take a screenshot of their character.
    You must be a bit paranoid. All buffs you can see on a char have been posted by Cirith on the Testlive forums. There really is nothing to gain by running away. Maybe there is another reason they are running from you?

Anyways, here are the exact values on the buffs (don't think anyone has bothered posting them before):

From left to right with cov of arms - cov or invulnerability - cov of pestilence - cov of vengeance.

8 pieces:
    http://s18.postimg.org/ob7v2u7ax/8_pieces.jpg

5 pieces:
    http://s24.postimg.org/lijw2c6t1/5_pieces.jpg

3 pieces:
    http://s10.postimg.org/v3u7kc0wp/3_pieces.jpg

" Lance of Mitra are always up" Andddd I stopped reading. Lance of Mitra is garbage for dps at all. It's healing capacity is worthless aswell (if specced).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    " Lance of Mitra are always up" Andddd I stopped reading. Lance of Mitra is garbage for dps at all. It's healing capacity is worthless aswell (if specced).
    If you never spellweave and don't feat the heal, or run some dumb spec with full vengeance and lance, sure, for the rest of us however, no.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    You must be a bit paranoid. All buffs you can see on a char have been posted by Cirith on the Testlive forums. There really is nothing to gain by running away. Maybe there is another reason they are running from you?

Anyways, here are the exact values on the buffs (don't think anyone has bothered posting them before):

From left to right with cov of arms - cov or invulnerability - cov of pestilence - cov of vengeance.

8 pieces:
    http://s18.postimg.org/ob7v2u7ax/8_pieces.jpg

5 pieces:
    http://s24.postimg.org/lijw2c6t1/5_pieces.jpg

3 pieces:
    http://s10.postimg.org/v3u7kc0wp/3_pieces.jpg
    Cunningham's law at it's finest. You're welcome OP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast