Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: check out this AoC website for game stats ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    From my understanding, sites like YG used bots in game to transmit any information to their database
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. YG was never very reliable nor very current.

More info on stats available to the devs:

6/ If you can share this: how much server wider stats are available to the developers? Characters made, resources gathered, gold acquired, most kills by class, most deaths by class, most crafted item, most popular dungeons, bosses killed most oftne…. Most of us drool at the thought of having those stats to win forum arguments. In all seriousness thou: are stats important in day-to-day development, or perhaps they are just a tool used to monitor for very very serious issues?

The database contains a vast amount of information which can be cross referenced to aid in the solutions to many problems, however data can only really prove so much and should never be the only tool or factor in determining the solution to any problem. Something we added recently for example was zone traffic information to see where players are going and when, its some very interesting reading, especially during World Boss and PvP Festival weeks.

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2014/...-pyzerius.html
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Age of Conan probably has a player population of 150,000 over a rolling three month period and roughly 50,000 subs (I am subscriber). These numbers were released a few years ago from a 3rd party and were discussed on these forums. The numbers have probably improved since then. My own Guild on Crom has almost 1,000 active members and we are ranked 12th on the server. Even Anarchy Online has an estimated population of 12,000 players.
    Thousand active members ?
    I do highly doubt that , otherwise the server would be full of players from the king guild in both pve and pvp
    Furthermore I do also never see a raid by king
    Most of the members have probably last logged in 3 years ago like in any other guild . When there are 1000 members in your guild and and everyone has played at least once in the last 6months then King should have their own server

The guild rankings are broken .
    Dead guilds are ranked on top 20 while other big guilds like aichmophobia or dawnsong are not even on it .
    That is because for certain guilds the renown has been stacked for 2 years while for others it resets weekly
    Last edited by slackjoint; 15th July 2015 at 19:02.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Thousand active members ?
    I do highly doubt that , otherwise the server would be full of players from the king guild in both pve and pvp
    Most of the members have probably last logged in 3 years ago like in any other guild . When there are 1000 members in your guild and and everyone has played at least once in the last 6months then King should have their own server
    If someone doesn't log in after 100 days, they are removed from 'King.' I think we had over 900 members when I checked this weekend. This includes alts but most players seem to have a few toons; I have only one.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Worst thread title ever....
    Yup, lame clickbait title.

I discussed raiding with the Guild officers this weekend when I reached level 80 and they said that 'King' doesn't regularly run raids due to the time commitment involved. We group with other players and run occasional raids but raiding is not a regular feature of the Guild as we have no set raid schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    If someone doesn't log in after 100 days, they are removed from 'King.' I think we had over 900 members when I checked this weekend. This includes alts but most players seem to have a few toons; I have only one.
    I know this isnt true at all im afraid.

Had one of my earliest toons (now resigned to a mere wb alt) in King for many months with zero activity & was never removed, the most I ever saw online at any time was 20-30+/- at a push.
    Not trying to rag on you but those numbers your spouting while may actually be your membership count it is nowhere near the actual amount of active players, ive seen other guilds with impressive membership tallies but barely have 5 people on also =/

If you have more than 10% of that 900 on at any one time please post a pic & I will gladly eat my hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    I know this isnt true at all im afraid.

Had one of my earliest toons (now resigned to a mere wb alt) in King for many months with zero activity & was never removed, the most I ever saw online at any time was 20-30+/- at a push.
    Not trying to rag on you but those numbers your spouting while may actually be your membership count it is nowhere near the actual amount of active players, ive seen other guilds with impressive membership tallies but barely have 5 people on also =/

If you have more than 10% of that 900 on at any one time please post a pic & I will gladly eat my hat.
    You're right that we have about 30 players online at any given time, which I did consider. However, I only play on and off so I wasn't sure if this number is indicative of peak activity (it might not be). I know there are regular purges of accounts from the Guild as the account numbers fluctuate every month.

Meaning no offense but without any guild raids it is hard to keep players . My assumption is that this is the reason for the fluctuations . Don't get me wrong I would really like the game to be well populated , but according to my experience I have already been playing for some years , all your numbers sound rather utopistic
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Meaning no offense but without any guild raids it is hard to keep players . My assumption is that this is the reason for the fluctuations . Don't get me wrong I would really like the game to be well populated , but according to my experience I have already been playing for some years , all your numbers sound rather utopistic
    Keep in a mind a healthy progression raiding guild will only have about 30 people on the raid force to fill 24 slots (if you have more than 30 ish people quit since they cant get in raids). Plus prob 20-30 others that dont raid/play odd hours etc. So I would belive numbers of maybe 60 active members, maybe 80. 100 would be pushing it in a large raiding guild. We have over 500 toons in RA (40 day purge, but most 80%+ are alts).
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Keep in a mind a healthy progression raiding guild will only have about 30 people on the raid force to fill 24 slots (if you have more than 30 ish people quit since they cant get in raids). Plus prob 20-30 others that dont raid/play odd hours etc. So I would believe numbers of maybe 60 active members, maybe 80. 100 would be pushing it in a large raiding guild. We have over 500 toons in RA (40 day purge, but most 80%+ are alts).
    hijacking my own thread:

We're a small community; definitely ~ Its a shame we're so mean to each other here & in-game.

I've seen a lot of Guilds running multiple Raid-Times to accommodate the issue with "odd-hours" and quite a bit of alliances starting back up.

One thing thats going to keep the community alive; get new players in the T1 & T2 dungeons to get a feel for the mechanics (out-side of World Boss) and get a good feeling about playing the game overall. You drag them in to T3+ and make them feel like they're helping significantly; they join another PuG raid and constantly wipe ~ they'll leave game when ppl troll them via /tell or vent. I'm seeing a lot of new players who think they're the "$hiit" because they have T1 pieces with one T4-chest (or whatever) and they gimp the rest of a Raid. Making the Raid wipe 3 times and then get called. Even worse ~ they get dragged thro T3 & 4 as a new-player, get geared up, then keep stealing aggro in-raid and wonder why. Then get mad and have some delusion that they're the superior player. NOT knowing the true mechanic of the game, etc.

GET EM in the lower tier raids to teach/train and to make EVERYONEs experience more enjoyable.

Last edited by Mustaine; 16th July 2015 at 14:46.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast