Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

This was my suggestion as well. Sadly even in the nicest and best guilds on Crom this was difficult, unless you wanted to lead the raids yourself (which is hard for me personally because of time schedule). Understandable the experienced raidleaders had no time for this as well and the main raid teams were busy in the higher tiers (even, if they wanted to do this). Also many veterans have run t1 and t2 to an extent they really do not want to see it again (similar as with onyx).

Best would be more laissez-faire raids and mentality where the focus lies on the new players, not the time schedule. You have this in the above mentioned guilds, but not often enough again for the mentioned reasons. So you have to count on pugs for this. As with world boss, players should understand, that joining a raid or fighting the bosses is not an issue where you hurry through or have to be expert from the start. Let the new players make mistakes and learn with veteran support, but do not make them dependant on it. This also implies to get rid of the pressure to "train" or rush people to become part of teamspeak t2+ raids.

Designwise from funcom it would be welcomed, if players could experience the whole raid chain on various difficulty settings. At least to get all the story quests done with pugs. You can do this and still make the latest tier available in "normal" or "hard" only.

I bet, within a few months you would have dozens of players asking to be part of the now dwindling high tier groups.