Thread: Invisible players

Default Invisible players

For some reason, sometimes some players are invisible for a few seconds and suddenly they appear in front of me. I cannot see the names over them or anything, and this is bad for some situations. It does not matter how I set up the view distances in the graphic options, and it happens both in DX9 and DX10. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My specs:

i5 3570-K @ 4GHz
    16Gb DDR3 @1600
    MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G OC (driver 344.75)
    SSD Crucial M500 256 Gb
    Windows 8.1 x64

I think it could be the GPU, because in another game I also saw one person invisible for a bit as well, and it never happened to me before with that game or AoC with older GPU's.

Is it all the time? or just in densely populated areas (scenery, particles, npcs and players)?

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    For some reason, sometimes some players are invisible for a few seconds and suddenly they appear in front of me. I cannot see the names over them or anything, and this is bad for some situations. It does not matter how I set up the view distances in the graphic options, and it happens both in DX9 and DX10. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My specs:

i5 3570-K @ 4GHz
    16Gb DDR3 @1600
    MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G OC (driver 344.75)
    SSD Crucial M500 256 Gb
    Windows 8.1 x64

I think it could be the GPU, because in another game I also saw one person invisible for a bit as well, and it never happened to me before with that game or AoC with older GPU's.
    Since they upgraded to dreamworld 2.0 i get invisible players when the game "background" loads things. This is not limited to entering a zone or spawning, it happens also while moving fast and is connected to network speed in my case (e.g. high latency -> more invisible players). It is also not limited to players, but mobs as well.
    I also had certain mobs selectively invisible, but this got solved by a funcom patch (it was probably corrupted data on my side, but not solveable with data checkup on start...only the patch helped).

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Hey dude, aren't you Partysoon? Nickames are similaire.
    Sorry for offtop.
    No, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Since they upgraded to dreamworld 2.0 i get invisible players when the game "background" loads things. This is not limited to entering a zone or spawning, it happens also while moving fast and is connected to network speed in my case (e.g. high latency -> more invisible players). It is also not limited to players, but mobs as well.
    I also had certain mobs selectively invisible, but this got solved by a funcom patch (it was probably corrupted data on my side, but not solveable with data checkup on start...only the patch helped).
    Yeah, it's exactly that. In some raid fights, suddenly a small group of teammates appear in my screen after a few seconds as if they were hiding, so to speak. I'm EU, so the latency might explain it.

Now I see that it's not just players but also NPCs that sometimes take a few seconds or up to 10 seconds to appear on screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

The only time I have invisible players/npcs is when moving into new areas and they have to load. The faster you are moving, the worse the loading is. Also, their load range seems short (shorter than what the options imply), so by moving slightly back and forth, you can see them pop in and out of visibility out at their load range/radius. This is all pretty normal and there isn't much you can do about it. Better hardware might decrease loading times for this slightly.

But if you are talking about standing in one small location for awhile and having players/npcs pop into existence right next to you (where they weren't moving/spawning/zoning in), then I don't know what is going on.