Thread: Savage Sword of Conan

Default Savage Sword of Conan

Purchased an issue #1 copy of Savage Sword of Conan comic at the Montreal Comic Con this weekend. I admit was a very impulsive purchase having no knowledge of Conan in the comics, but those of you who do, was $80 canadian too much to pay for a mint copy or did I get ripped off? All it did was make me want to play this game again lulz I haven't read it yet but the guy said it introduces the red hand.

Oh well

=)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

If you like the comics but do not care much about collectible value of individual issues, there is an excellent Savage Sword of Conan series from Dark Horse that costs around $15 (USD) per volume that's around 500 pages. They're currently at volume 19.

Some of the stories are adaptions of Howards original ones and try to keep true to the original. Even though all black and white, they are worth reading imo. Some stories are censored though, while others are original, but i guess that depends on how available the source material was for the new editions.

If you are intersted in the actual value, i think there were comic forums and markets on the net. Do not take values from amazon for estimation of market value though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    Purchased an issue #1 copy of Savage Sword of Conan comic at the Montreal Comic Con this weekend. I admit was a very impulsive purchase having no knowledge of Conan in the comics, but those of you who do, was $80 canadian too much to pay for a mint copy or did I get ripped off? All it did was make me want to play this game again lulz I haven't read it yet but the guy said it introduces the red hand.

Oh well

=)
    As a fan for me 80$ canadian for #1 issue is dirt cheap. Savage Sword comics have cult status, I would frame it and put on the wall.
    Retired

Easiest way to check value is to see what your comic is being SOLD (not asking price) for on ebay. I buy all my back issues on ebay. I always liked Savage Sword for it's excellent artwork.
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard