Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10

an older....now it works fine.....thanks

Did a clean install of Windows 10 last night (clean install means non-upgrade).
    AOC won't run without the DX9 files (even when trying to start the DX10 version executable). To fix, simply install directx 9 files from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Worked successfully for me.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Default Can't launch game with Windows 10

I had a new gaming PC built and received it today. My OS is Windows 10 with DirectX 12. I loaded Age of Conan from my old Hyborian Adventures installation disc and then tried to launch the game. I keep getting a error message that DirectX is not up to date and it stops the launch. I tried to download DirectX 9 from Microsoft but it won't download to Windows 10. Any advice?

A lot of the fixes mention this version of dx9 from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8109
    As you have mentioned you already tried Microsoft so it may be the same one, only other thing I can think of is finding a standalone dx installer via media sharing.

I run mine through steam which handles all dx installations for every game so when I switched to W10 it either updated it or was still available due to it being an upgrade from W7.

Running ConanPatcher.exe in the game folder usually downloads the DX files for you.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    Did a clean install of Windows 10 last night (clean install means non-upgrade).
    AOC won't run without the DX9 files (even when trying to start the DX10 version executable). To fix, simply install directx 9 files from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Worked successfully for me.
    I'm able to download that but then it asks me where I want to install those and I don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonefeather View Post
    I'm able to download that but then it asks me where I want to install those and I don't have a clue.
    Nevermind. I somehow fixed the problem by clicking on something in the game folder. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Running ConanPatcher.exe in the game folder usually downloads the DX files for you.
    The problem was that when I would try to run the patcher, I would get the error message saying directX was not up to date and then it wouldn't launch. I think I fixed it by right clicking the patcher and running it as administrator and then making it compatible with windows XP. Right now the patcher is running and updating 13 gigs of data. So I hope I fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonefeather View Post
    The problem was that when I would try to run the patcher, I would get the error message saying directX was not up to date and then it wouldn't launch. I think I fixed it by right clicking the patcher and running it as administrator and then making it compatible with windows XP. Right now the patcher is running and updating 13 gigs of data. So I hope I fixed the problem.
    Think it was Patchersetup.exe then, its been awhile since I've done a new machine with Aoc. I never install the game, just copy and paste the game folder and it always does the DX.

Made a few machines for people that play Aoc.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12