Thread: Game won't start correctly half of the time

Default Game won't start correctly half of the time

Hi,

I launched the game earlier today, everything worked fine. Played an hour then went to eat something.
    I come back and the launcher gets stuck on "scanning local files 1/4". I try twice, still nothing. So I restart my computer. Game starts correctly but I've got 12 FPS... So I quit and re-start. It got stuck on "scanning local files 1/4" again.

At this point I tried a repair.

Now it launches the game as an ultra microscopic window. (as big as the search bar on youtube).

So I'm really tired. I'm not new to AOC but I'm tired of not knowing if I will be able to play the game or not. Seriously, I played 2 hours ago ! Didn't install anything new since, I just took my breakfast ...

Anybody had this issue before ?

Are you using borderless windowmode?

When you get the minimal window hold down alt and press enter.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Are you using borderless windowmode?

When you get the minimal window hold down alt and press enter.
    I doesn't do anything and my settings are in fullscreen.
    Thx for answering quickly though.

I know there is a visual issue in borderless windowmode (appears as fullscreen) where you have 10fps which solves itself when you alt tab.

You can download aocquickstarter to disable the patcher to launch the game. http://sourceforge.net/projects/aocqs/
    Fass
    {Circle of Eternity}

have you tried to skip the patcher with aoc quick start?

Edit: oops. Fass was quicker

Ok quick start did the trick. Thank you both for that (and I'm gonna try Strange UI )

I just hope it's not gonna break on next update. (the quick start trick, not the UI)

I think I lost as much time dealing with AOC issues over the years as I spent in the game actually playing
    Last edited by Barbotine; 27th June 2015 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbotine View Post
    Ok quick start did the trick. Thank you both for that (and I'm gonna try Strange UI )

I just hope it's not gonna break on next update. (the quick start trick, not the UI)

I think I lost as much time dealing with AOC issues over the years as I spent in the game actually playing
    Only problem is you need to run conanpatcher.exe every patch.. and then! it might break again :P. But lets hope it wont!
    Fass
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I know there is a visual issue in borderless windowmode (appears as fullscreen) where you have 10fps which solves itself when you alt tab.

You can download aocquickstarter to disable the patcher to launch the game. http://sourceforge.net/projects/aocqs/
    Problem can happen in any mode. I play windowmode and it happens on occasion.

I've seen that problem a couple of times.

Did you happen to be holding down your ventrilo push to talk key while the game was starting (or happen to have something like a book resting on the corner of your keyboard), and did it happen to be the CTRL key?
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly