Thread: Hox and Armor

Default Hox and Armor

What is the current philosophy on armor, particularly faction armor. Are Hoxes going for scarlet circle demo/ necro gear or Brittle Blade Hox Gear. I assume that T4 hoxes are going for Hox first as a primary set or is the demo/ necro set better.

Looking to bring my hox out from the graveyard.

BB/T4/T5 whatever you can get^^

Always take the HoX specific gear e.g. don't forgo the strength and combatrating for a meager increase in spelldamage.

Compare T4 HoX and T4 caster chestpieces:
    HoX-Chest
    Caster-Chest

HoX gets you slightly more hit and critdamage which is outweighed by the pure int (and thus Critdamage from WotS-Silverperk, str on HoX gear nets you critdamage as well) on the caster chest.
    HoX chest is behind on magic damage by 14 points, but in turn you get 72 strength and 300 CR(2H).
    These 516 CR will increase your dps far more than 14 magic damage.

BB for damage, Wolves for slightly more survivability. T1-3 is trash, don't even waste your time on that unless it's free. Once your full K6, get t4. Rings, Neck, and Cape you can get from all kinds of sources, but armor K6 to T4 works the best. You can do any T4 encounter in full K6, you just might be low on Hit Points but it's not hard to not die in most encounters.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    Always take the HoX specific gear e.g. don't forgo the strength and combatrating for a meager increase in spelldamage.

Compare T4 HoX and T4 caster chestpieces:
    HoX-Chest
    Caster-Chest

HoX gets you slightly more hit and critdamage which is outweighed by the pure int (and thus Critdamage from WotS-Silverperk, str on HoX gear nets you critdamage as well) on the caster chest.
    HoX chest is behind on magic damage by 14 points, but in turn you get 72 strength and 300 CR(2H).
    These 516 CR will increase your dps far more than 14 magic damage.
    Why would someone byy the Caster gear over HoX T4 gear for a HoX? I don't think I have seen even the worst player do this.
    Doomsayer 2008

Because it looks good as vanity