Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSW combat montage

Default TSW combat montage

Not long ago I posted something about how watching most TSW combat videos made me cry so I decided to make my own. May not be any better... but here it is:

Short version with music

https://youtu.be/bcue4Zfo9d0

Long version with more story/atmosphere elements

https://youtu.be/exG2R3lv1GE

Bloopers and goofing around reel

https://youtu.be/iFcZqcfpd-U

Don't hate me because I fraps.

heh ... after watching i have to tell im confused now why did i liked it all at first when i played it on my own

its so WoWish, and SWtoR at most - which i believe got better story and at least bigger population

shortly ... im about i came and seen and done aka veni vidi vici many things in many different MMOs but nothing compares to AoC - its simply the best! so cheer up for even 15th anniversary of this fabulous game!
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

I must admit TSW looks rather cool. The graphics and lore are great and even though i'm fond of the AoC melee combat systeme, TSW's pve looks fun and dynamique.
    Gameplay wise, what i usually dislike is the emphasis of animations, but here, all things considered, it didn't feel too much.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Thumbs up

Aloha,

gotta say, it looks pretty cool, a bit like some strange mix of Matrix -
    ok, guess your chic's outfit does it for that - and the "Silent Hill" series.

Never wasted much thought on TSW, so i wonder is it F2P as well?
    If so, i might give it a shot... or two .

Take care
    Hawk

P.S.
    Oh... almost forgot... nice vid pal *thumps up* !
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

TSW is cool for the story, but damn, the character design and animations are atrocious.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

I couldn't get into this combat, it lacks something, feels very WoW-like
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Aloha,

gotta say, it looks pretty cool, a bit like some strange mix of Matrix -
    ok, guess your chic's outfit does it for that - and the "Silent Hill" series.

Never wasted much thought on TSW, so i wonder is it F2P as well?
    If so, i might give it a shot... or two .

Take care
    Hawk

P.S.
    Oh... almost forgot... nice vid pal *thumps up* !
    It's buy to play. Can catch it for 10 bucks on Steam from time to time and I think there's a sale right now with all the content released so far in one bundle. I got the Grandmaster pack some time ago so never even look at the bundle deals, aka I'm not familiar with the details. If you don't get a bundle of some sort then the extra Issues and packs are about 10 dollars each. None of them are really needed until you've made it through the base game however.

The clothing options are... extremely diverse. I debated a different outfit for each scene but decided to emphasize that it was one character doing everything, aka you can learn/do *everything* on any character.

Just my opinion... I feel TSW combat is something that you get out of it what you put into in it, so to speak. There's a ton of options and you can put them together in any way that you like or you can just spam one or two abilities while standing still until you die of boredom. Though obviously the person using movement and a wider range of abilities is going to do better/progress faster. I'm actually not a fan of resource building combat but there's enough ways around it, at least eventually, that it doesn't become a drag for me.

Both games have their place for me and I keep a sub going to AoC as well. No need to choose.

And thanks.

On another note, it seems the videos can be too dark if not watched at HD1080. Not sure there's anything I can do about that.

Thumbs up

Hiyas,

thanks for your reply, really made me a bit curious 'bout TSW .

Gonna give it a shot next month. Can't do any sooner sadly, since
    i've already "burned" my selfset gaming-etat on WoWarships-CBT
    for this span of 30 days .

Take care
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    It's buy to play. Can catch it for 10 bucks on Steam from time to time and I think there's a sale right now with all the content released so far in one bundle. I got the Grandmaster pack some time ago so never even look at the bundle deals, aka I'm not familiar with the details. If you don't get a bundle of some sort then the extra Issues and packs are about 10 dollars each. None of them are really needed until you've made it through the base game however.

The clothing options are... extremely diverse. I debated a different outfit for each scene but decided to emphasize that it was one character doing everything, aka you can learn/do *everything* on any character.

Just my opinion... I feel TSW combat is something that you get out of it what you put into in it, so to speak. There's a ton of options and you can put them together in any way that you like or you can just spam one or two abilities while standing still until you die of boredom. Though obviously the person using movement and a wider range of abilities is going to do better/progress faster. I'm actually not a fan of resource building combat but there's enough ways around it, at least eventually, that it doesn't become a drag for me.

Both games have their place for me and I keep a sub going to AoC as well. No need to choose.

And thanks.

On another note, it seems the videos can be too dark if not watched at HD1080. Not sure there's anything I can do about that.
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

TSW has a great atmosphere, interesting story quests and a unique setting.

But the combat is the largest drawback, and lack of content aside from the quests. If you're not willing to PvE there's not much else to do.

Fisrt of all, nice vid, even though I regret the AoC motion capture and combo system, like everyone here.

On a side note :
    Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    SWtoR at most - which i believe got better story
    Seriously, nope, not in my opinion. Aside from one or two classes (Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior whose story are super rad), main storylines are pretty lame. Jedi consular is atrociously boring, Bounty Hunter is badly written, and so on... At best, they are ok-ish (Trooper), at worst a big, badly written mess. And don't start me on Companions storylines, some of them are literally left unfinished and years of complaint on the forums by the players didn't change anything.

Side quest are just side quest. Very unequal in their quality, some make no sense at all, other are great, but no better than some of AoC, and certainly not better than most of the TSW ones. My favorite non-sense of SWtoR was an infamous Tatooine sidequest that goes roughly like this : "Hey, we need to purify poisoned water at that camp to save that tribe, but they will attack you on sight if you try to do so, therefore go slaughter, like, 40 members of that tribe to have access to the water tank ! Kill them to save them !"
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast