Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSW combat montage

Aloha,

well, gave SWToR a shot myself, since i always liked StarWars since i watched the
    first movie back in 1977 + i loved (& still love sometimes) to play KotoR (I, not II mind ya).

But alas, i never dove real deep into the SWToR, since a ton of animations, 'specialy
    female avatars were just to awkward to behold for my sore old eyes .
    Mean come on, who in the seven bloody hells had the brilliant idea to give a gait & body
    stance to a woman thats nothing short of Hulk Hogan's in his prime?!
    GODS, thus and more really gave me the creeps and i left the game for good soon after.

I'm no graphics or GPU hardwarefreak mind you and still have a ton of eldery games on
    my old gaming rig (e.g. Gothic, Undying, Freelancer etc.), but this - was just to much
    to bear for me.

So, from what i've seen in Raeil's vid, that chic of his wasn't moving in any SWToR
    fashion that i could tell. Dosen't mean you're completly wrong tho, since i've not
    seen anything else of TSW yet... but will do pretty soon i guess.

Tc
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Someone in a review once described the SW:ToR running animation as looking like a robot with a stick up it's ass and... I have to agree.

Gotta love those *Destroy the village in order to save it* missions, closely followed by the *Poison the enemy camp's water barrels/food supplies which will require you to kill everything in the camp to start with* missions.

TSW's biggest idiosyncrasy with animations to me is that sometimes your character doesn't quite keep up with what you're doing. Like say, as a sword attack finishes with the sword extended to the side you hit an assault rifle attack and the rifle appears pointed out to the side like the sword was and shoots that way initially before coming around to point at the target. It still hits the target... but can look a bit strange. Plus running while also doing other attack/combat animations can look un-natural though I'd say that's likely because it is un-unnatural. Most people wouldn't be able to do that at all much less in a graceful, fluid way.

The emotes, like AoC's, are works of art.

https://youtu.be/n2ui3DSRgNc

Something that should be mentioned for anyone who intends to give TSW a try: There is a player ran channel named Sanctuary that is very helpful for new players. Type in /chat join Sanctuary to join it.

There's also Noobmares for more advanced players and an Event channel, extremely useful for call outs, meet ups and crowd sourced puzzle solving, for when in-game events are going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12