Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming back as F2P

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianGirl View Post
    Yup...he has certainly played the game for a while and knows what he is talking about.
    Now you're just being mean ~

OP is just frustrated. Definitely worth their time venting; but not when they start bashing our beloved. I would caution OP on how they present their gripe. FUNCOM would be more receptive to a more constructive post.

Look at me. I should I talk ~ lol

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I am not bashing our beloved game, I am bashing Funcom for seemingly leading this game on the same road Warhammer Online went...

I've played quite a few mmo's and been part of many communities and this is the first time I am venting because what is going on with this game is ridiculous. I am venting because FC is ignoring problems that have been around for a while and because they don't talk to the community nearly at all (STILL no real update on crafting revamp after all this time...just silence). Let the players create content for you and you just review it... i'm sure programmers and moders in the community can't be worse than the 1 poor soul who is still working on AoC.

There's no chance of raising the player numbers at this rate. Last time i returned to this game i started lvling a new character, made a few newbie friends... all quit around lvl 40-50.

Die-hard fans won't keep this game alive and kicking and you may bash me for QQ-ing about it on the forums. I need to vent because I don't want AoC to die, i want it to thrive. MMO's like Star trek online, LOTRO, swtor etc etc have been saved from complete death and they are growing nicely. AoC seems to go in the other category... the one in which we find Warhammer and Tabula Rasa.

As for Funcom being more receptive to a "constructive" post... are you serious? >_>

I keep reading all these negative threads and can't figure out what the problem is. My highest level character ever is 63, and that took some doing.

I do nothing but PvE and I must say I'm having a ton of fun.

Don't know what all the griping us about, save the lag issues. But, being in the US, I guess I have it better. Though, my guy's died many a time because of lag.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I keep reading all these negative threads and can't figure out what the problem is. My highest level character ever is 63, and that took some doing.

I do nothing but PvE and I must say I'm having a ton of fun.

Don't know what all the griping us about, save the lag issues. But, being in the US, I guess I have it better. Though, my guy's died many a time because of lag.
    I think the main problem for many is that there has been very little new content added to the game over the last years.
    For new players this is not a problem since there already is a ton of great content in the game.

For older players though it is a problem. They have already gone through all the existing content. Often several times. There are only so many times you can run the same dungeons before it starts to get boring.
    So eventually the older players get bored and leave the game - leaving fewer people around to play with.

Lack of new content also means lack of "buzz" around the game - meaning people don't talk about it. This in turn leads to few new people joining since they don't even know about the game.

Then there are also some long-standing bugs that don't get fixed. The worst here seems to be the renown bug for guilds.

What Erikt said...

I've enjoyed questing and doing dungeons, loved wondering and doing faction quests in Khitai and did a bit of casual raiding up to T3. 2 years ago when i returned i wanted something "fresh" so bad that i built my own guild city by myself lol.

The problem, from my perspective, is that PVP is dead (Fury is barely on life support so give me a break...) and that the little content that FC throws in every 2 years is either nothing significant at all, like this new Vanaheim thing, and the high raiding tiers above T3 are never even seen by most players. Yes, adding T5 and onwards is awesome... for the 10%... for the rest of us there is almost nothing new at all since RotGS.

Combat system is trully awesome, can't complain about the game itself... it's certainly a top notch MMO. Problem is that there is no communication from FC, 0 marketing... and whenever they do throw something in they are so greedy with the prices that no F2P player will ever want to bother with this game. They screwed it up from the start when they didnt even allow F2P players experience the low lvl dungeons >_>

I'm not surprised about the marketing, it is an old game, after all.

I see what is being said about content. Having a full stable of eight characters, it is rather boring running through Tortage so many times and having the same back story for *everyone*. Awful lot of ex-slaves running around from one sunken ship. But I also understand the game's inherent limitations.

Maybe FunCom could integrate MS' HoloLens into the game. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

What does lack of marketing have to do with the age of a mmo lol... these guys aren't even taking advantage of steam and they never make any kind of anouncements or significant "return to the game!" offers. AoC should be in line with LOTRO but instead we see veterans leaving constantly and a VERY low influx of newbies coming and enjoying the game for a few weeks and then quitting.

At the very least they could send mass e-mails offering 10 days free premium for people to return and check the game out (even damn Blizzard does this and they dont exactly lack players... ), or some incentive for newbies on steam but instead we get nothing but silence from this company. For every "whiner" like me there are 10 others silently quitting... Fury was once full and nowadays it's dead and Crom went from a nice high population to medium-ish at best.

No new meaningful content and silence... and palace of cetris soon which a couple of guilds will see... nice distribution of your resources FC. Not to mention the mass rage-quits on EU side due to the stupid lag... And the die-hards wonder why there is so much doom and gloom about this game lol...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12